Most of us are aware that filing a visa application can be a daunting task. From collecting the required documents and filling out the application form to paying the fee and attending an interview, one needs to do it all to get a visa.
If you’re planning to go to a new country, let’s say Canada, to work, the very first thing that needs to be done is to apply for a Canada visa for work.
Even after all this, one can never be sure of getting a visa to their destination country. Sometimes, it’s the unintentional mistakes done while filing the application form that gets your visa rejected. In this case, you can always apply again, but this time you must make sure to correct all the mistakes made in the first application.
There may be times when you’re sure that you made no mistakes in the application process but still, your visa is rejected and thus the decision is incorrect. Feels bad, right? In such cases, there is a provision available for candidates with rejected visa applications to appeal the decision of their visa rejection.
In this blog post, you will get all the information from understanding what is appeal writing to how to actually write an appeal letter so that you can appeal the rejection in the best possible way. In this article, you can also find a visa refusal appeal letter sample. Eg. a Canada visa refusal letter sample to make things simpler.
How to Appeal In Case of Visa Rejection?
- To appeal a visa denial, first, you need to check and confirm that the country for which you’ve applied for the visa offers such an opportunity to a candidate whose visa is rejected. So, how and where can you find out about this?
- Whenever you face a rejection for your visa application, the reason for your visa rejection and the provision of whether you can appeal this decision or not will also be stated.
- You can also confirm this by contacting the embassy and asking if you can appeal the decision of rejection. However, it is recommended to do this only if you’re completely sure that the decision for rejection is incorrect.
If you’re allowed to make an appeal, then you can go ahead with writing an appeal letter.
What Is Appeal Writing?
- The process of appeal writing is not simple. You should have strong points to support your claim that your visa rejection is incorrect. The letter shall contain valid points and strong reasons to claim your argument and why you believe that the embassy should overturn its rejection decision.
- Also, each embassy has its set of rules and guidelines regarding visa rejection appeals, so it is advisable that you contact the embassy first and confirm where you need to file your appeal letter and within what time it needs to be done.
Appeal Writing Format for Visa Refusal
While writing an appeal letter, you need to take care of the appeal writing format for visa refusal and the tone of your letter. Your tone should be convincing but not emotional and the letter should neither be too long nor end in one paragraph.
It must include:
- The letter must contain your personal details like name, surname, passport number, date and place of birth, full address, and phone number.
- You should also mention the date when you filed your visa application, say the Canada visa application online, and the date when your application was rejected.
- Also mention the reasons for your visa rejection as stated in the rejection letter you received from the embassy or any other information you got.
- Now, with the help of strong and valid facts and arguments, explain why you believe that the rejection decision was incorrect.
- After you write the letter, put your signature at the end and then print the appeal letter.
Visa Denial Appeal Letter Sample
Here is a sample visa denial appeal letter so that you can get a clear idea about writing an appeal letter. You can follow the structure of this sample letter before writing an actual appeal letter.
To whom it may concern,
In the first paragraph or the introduction of the letter, you must introduce yourself and the reason for writing the letter. Include your name, current address, date, place of birth, and passport number. Also, mention the date when you applied for the visa and your purpose for visiting that country.
Mention the date when you received the rejection letter or response from the embassy and the reasons for your visa rejection. Mention your arguments and with the help of valid facts explain why the rejection was wrong according to you.
Here, you can elaborate on your arguments and explain why the embassy should reverse its decision. Your claims should be backed with facts and based on valid grounds. Your tone should be convincing.
In the end, you can mention the date of your trip. This can help in creating a sense of urgency.
Your full name
Your phone number
To make your appeal stronger, you should always submit supporting documents alongside your letter. These documents depend on and vary according to the reasons why your application was rejected.
Depending on that, you need to submit documents that can prove that the embassy’s reason and decision for denying your entry to their country are wrong.
We have compiled a list of some of the most common reasons for which visas are rejected and the documents you need to submit in that case are also mentioned.
- Unclear Purpose of Visit: Submit the documents containing proof of the flight tickets you booked and a letter of invitation written by an institution or a friend in which they explain your purpose of visit. Also, include a cover letter in which you further elaborate on your purpose for visiting that country.
- Not Demonstrating Proof of Funds: Include your current bank statements, proof of funds rejection, and a letter of support from someone who says that they will support you financially during your stay.
- Suspicion of You Not returning to Your Home Country: Include your student enrollment, employment contract, marriage certificate, or your business, or property papers.
You can contact the embassy of the country to confirm where you need to submit your appeal letter if you’re not sure about the same.
After you have submitted your appeal letter, the embassy will pass it to the right authority who will then make the decision whether the rejection should be reversed or not.