Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Prince Edward Island (PEI) of Canada is a miniature land space with a minimal population of 1,53,000 occupied in 5686.03 sq. km. The primary occupation of PEI is farming, and it yields 25% of Canada’s Potato every year. PEI has several other names like “Garden of the Gulf” “Birthplace of Confederation” or “Cradle of Confederation”. PEI is surrounded with provinces where it has Halifax and Nova Scotia at 200 kilometres north, Quebec city at 600 kilometres East. PEI is the 104th largest Island in the world and the 23rd largest Island in Canada.
The climate over the island is a bit sub-arctic maritime with moderately cold winters and warm summers. Winter storms and rainfall is abundant on the island during spring, summer, and fall. PEI is well-known for its agriculture. It is also referred to as “Spud Island” because of its potato production. PEI is one of the three maritime provinces on Canada’s east coast. Though it is a small island, there are plenty of things to do over here.
Prince Edward Island (PEI) Immigration
What is Prince Edward Island PNP?
PEI PNP is one of the most common ways for foreign nationals to immigrate to the province with permanent residence. The immigrants will be nominated by the federal government. The immigrants will be nominated based on the intention to settle and work in PEI. The priority is given to the entrepreneurs and individuals who are qualified to work in labor shortage areas.
Why Prince Edward Island?
PEI proffers many benefits for the immigrants and their families:
- The immigrant can enjoy a comfortable life with a low cost of living, and housing.
- Helps an individual to increase their business
- Helps in economic development.
- PEI has an excellent educational system.
- Lower costs for accommodation than other provinces in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria for Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
- Must have at least a minimum of two years relevant work experience to apply.
- The position to which the candidate applies must fall under the category of NOC 0, A, B according to prince Edward Island Employment.
- Must be ready to attend the interview at the immigration office.
- Must submit the document of legal residentship to the country which they belong too.
- Must be between 21 to 59 years of age.
- Must have good communication skills in either English/French language.
- Must provide proof of settlement by giving details on possessing enough fund to move on and settle (with family in certain cases)
- Must be willing to become a permanent residence of Prince Edward Island
How to Apply for Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program?
Create Suitable Profile : Post verifying with the basic eligibility criteria and the job requirements posted by the concerned employer, the applicant can now create a suitable profile according to the demand and submit it to the employer.
Invitation to Apply : The employer sends the details of the candidate to the immigration board of this province and the board members will analyze the need for the talent and approve to carry out the recruitment process.
Invitation to Apply : The shortlisted candidate will receive an email notification to apply for the provincial nominee program and they have to submit the relevant documents (work experience, education certificates) with the application form within 60 days of notification.
PNP application Verified : The employer will be verifying the application form submitted along with the relevant certificates and it will also be cross-checked by the concerned provincial government board of immigration.
Apply for PR : As briefed before most of the Canadian Provinces will look out for willing candidates who would wish to go for Permanent Residency and the process of applying for PR will be the final one where the selected candidates need to undergo a medical examination and background verification to land into Canada.
Categories of Prince Edward Island PNP program
Prince Edward PNP has three categories in the provincial Nominee Program.
- Express Entry
- Labor Impact
- Business Impact
1. Prince Edward Island Express Entry
Through the Express Entry system, potential immigrants can immigrate to the province through the provincial nominee program. Once the immigrants apply to this stream, the province will send them “notification of interest” to immigrants who express their interest to settle in that province. Furthermore, the immigrants will be selected only if they meet the current labor needs of that province. This stream does not require the immigrants to have a job offer from a PEI employer.
2. Labor Impact Stream
This stream is mainly for potential immigrants who possess a permanent, job offer from a PEI employer. This stream has three categories:
- PEI Skilled Workers
- PEI Critical Workers
- PEI International Graduate
PEI Skilled Worker Stream
This stream in PEI Pnp is for workers with relevant work experience in skilled occupations who have been hired.
Requirements for the Skilled Worker Stream
- They should be between 21 – 59 years old.
- They should have a job offer from a permanent, full-time job from a PEI employer. The job level should meet the NOC 0, A, or B skilled category.
- If the immigrant is working currently in PEI, then they should have a valid work permit.
- They should hold legal resident status in the country.
- They should have enough funds to settle in PEI.
PEI Critical Worker Stream
This stream is for low-skilled occupations who have worked on a full-time basis for at least 6 months with a PEI employer. If they meet this requirement they are eligible for PEI PNP.
The requirements for the critical worker stream
- 6 months of work experience in Prince Edward Island.
- They should hold a Canadian work permit.
- They should have enough settlement funds.
- Their age should be between 21 and 55 years. The immigrant should have a full-time job offer from an employer in the following occupations:
- Truck driver
- Customer Service representative
- Food & beverage server
- Housekeeping attendant
PEI International Graduate
This stream is for international graduates from a recognized institution who have a full-time permanent job offer in a skilled occupation. The international graduate who also holds a valid post-graduation work permit is also eligible for the PEI international graduate stream.
Requirements for the International Graduates
- The international student should have a permanent, full-time job offer in their field of study. Their job offer should be from NOC level 0, A, or B.
- They should have worked a minimum of 6 months for any Prince Edward Island employer.
- They should have completed at least two -a year diplomas or degree programs while studying full-time.
- There should be between 21 and 55 years of age.
3. Business Impact
This stream is for experienced business people and entrepreneurs with business skills to start or invest in a business in Prince Edward Island. Through this, they also can create job opportunities for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Business Impact Stream Eligibility Requirements
- The immigrant must give a comprehensive business plan for their business.
- Should have a net worth of $600,000.
- Should score a minimum of CLB 4 on IELTS.
High Demanded Jobs in Prince Edward Island 2023
- 0011- Legislators
- 0012- Senior Government Managers and Officials
- 0013- Senior Managers in Finance, Communication and other Services
- 0014- Trade and Broadcasting Senior Managers
- 1111- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- 1112- Financial and Investment Anakysts
- 1113- Security Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers
- 1114- Financial Officers
- 1211- Supervisors, General Officers, and Administrative Workers
- 1212- Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Office Workers
- 1213- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations
- 1214- Supervisors, Supply-chain tracking and co-ordinating workers
- 1411- General Office Support Workers
- 1414- Receptionists
- 1415- Personnel Clerks
- 1416- Counter Clerks
- 6611- Cashiers
- 6621- Service Station Attendants
- 6622- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
- 6623- Sales related occupations
Factors influencing Prince Edward Island Entry Calculation
|Influencing Factors||With job offer (points)||Without job offer (points)|
|Educational Qualification||With Job Offer||Without Job Offer|
|PhD or Masters||15||15|
|Three years of Bachelor’s Programme||12||12|
|Post secondary Diploma in Specific Trade||10||10|
|Secondary School Completion||0||0|
|Language Ability||With Job Offer||Without Job Offer|
|CLB/NCLC (BELOW 7)||0||0|
|Work Experience||With Job Offer||Without Job Offer|
|Above 6 years||15||15|
|Age||With job Offer||Without Job Offer|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the PEI Business Immigration Program?
Individuals who wish to start up a business or to invest in a business can choose his program. Through this PNP program, they can invest in PEI business through which they can offer job opportunities to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents. The programs are:
- The 100% Partnership program
- The Partial Ownership Program
- The Work Permit Program
What are the business immigration program eligibility requirements?
The applicants can either invest in a PEI company on their own or with a help of an approved island agent. Once the immigrant has decided to either invest or purchase a business, they should submit their business plan to the immigration of PEI. Their business plan includes:
- They should have a company overview.
- They should have a description of the industry, the products, and the services they are going to offer.
- They should have a marketing plan and an operational plan.
- They should have a description plan about the applicant’s role in their company.
- They should also submit their historical financial statements.
The applicants for the permanent resident include the applicant’s: spouse or common-law partner or their conjugal partner and their children.
What happens when they get nominated?
If the immigrant hits nominated, they need to send their application for permanent residence to Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Their application should be sent along with their nomination certificate. After the submission, IRCC will assess their application for factors of admissibility.
What forms does an immigrant need to fill for Prince Edward Island PNP?
The forms the immigrant needs to fill up for Prince Edward Island PNP are:
- Pre-authorized payment form.
- PEI Workforce use of representative form (if required).
After receiving the invitation to apply, they should submit their permanent residency application.
Is it easy to get PNP in Prince Edward Island?
Yes, the Prince Edward Island PNP via express entry just takes about 6 months or even less for a prospective applicant.
The other two categories of PEI PNP include the Business Impact and the Labour Impact which demand a different skill level, education, and experience from the applicant.
What is the minimum score for PEI PNP Express Entry?
The province will choose immigrants based on the skills and experience that match their prevailing industry demands and labor market conditions, but firstly an applicant has to make the profile eligible for Express Entry to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) to the province. For PEI PNP nomination the minimum required score is 50 out of 100 points.
How can I get PR after we get the nomination from PEI PNP?
Firstly an applicant has to accept the nomination, after receiving the nomination, the candidates should submit their Electronic application for permanent residency within 60 calendar days, on confirmation of that AOR (Acknowledgment of receipt will be issued and thereafter the province on assessment of other credentials involving a background verification will request for passport submission i.e. (PPR) and on final approval one can get the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence).
Talk to our Experts
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.