Parents & Grandparents PR Visa Canada | Parents Sponsorship Canada
Canada highly encloses varied geographic features: mountain ranges, highland plateaus, thousands of lakes & rivers, plains and prairies. Along with these features, Canada also proffers a beautiful opportunity to reunify with your family through the Parents or Grandparents program.
What is PGP?
PGP is a program enabled by the government of Canada to reunite with your family through the Parents and Grandparents program. Every year, the Government of Canada will welcome 10,000 applicants on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If a Canadian citizen or permanent resident wishes to move on to Canada with their parents or grandparents permanently to Canada, they can through parental or grandparent sponsorship. It is one of the programs through which IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) allows family reunification.
Expression of interest
The potential sponsor should be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada should indicate their interest to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada. They have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) along with their sponsor form online.
IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) has laid out certain criteria to bring your parents or grandparents to stay with you in Canada. If a Canadian citizen or permanent resident wishes to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada permanently, then; they have to follow the following documentation and eligibility criteria to process their application further:
- The sponsor should be 18 years old.
- They should hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence.
- The Potential sponsor should reside in Canada.
- They should submit evidence of financial ability to take care of their parents or grandparents.
- The sponsor should be eligible to sponsor their parents or grandparents.
- They should submit the medical documents of their parents or grandparents.
- They should submit the police clearance certificate of their parents or grandparents.
- They should make sure that they do not need any social assistance from the government of Canada.
- They should submit the biometrics of their parents or grandparents.
- They should sign an undertaking agreement promising to provide basic requirements for the person being sponsored.
- They should also prove that the sponsor has sufficient funds to render basic requirements of their family in Canada and for the people included in their sponsorship.
- To be eligible, the potential sponsor needs to meet minimum income requirements and will need to agree to support your parents or grandparents for 20 years depending on the situation.
This application for parents and grandparents program is a combination of both the online and physical documentation process. After the submission of EOI (Expression of Interest) the invitations to sponsor the application of parents or grandparents will be sent to the potential sponsor. Once they receive the invitation they have to submit the completed applications with all supporting documents. The supporting documents have to be submitted within 60 days with a processing fee of 1040 CAD.
Then the Canadian children or grandchildren looking to sponsor their parents or grandparents need to fill out the form issued by the IRCC, stating that they wish to sponsor their parents or grandparents. The sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario or the CPC in Vegreville-Alberta (for family members living) in Canada. If the sponsorship application is approved it is sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office. This program is entirely different from the Parents and Grandparents Program in Quebec.
If a Canadian citizen or permanent resident invited to apply to sponsor for their parents or grandparents, there are two applications:
- The application to become a sponsor.
- Their parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence.
Then, they have to send both the sponsorship and the permanent residence application together at the same time to IRCC.
Steps involved in Parents and Grandparents Program:
Step-1: If a potential sponsor meets the eligibility for sponsoring a parent or grandparent, they can submit their interest to the sponsor through IRCC.
Step-2: IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) requires the submission of the application and their reason of interest if everything goes well. They will send an invitation to start the process.
Step-3: Once they receive the invitation, the invited candidates must submit their completed application before the deadline mentioned for them. Then, the IRCC will scrutinize the application and will make a decision.
Who you can sponsor?
- Potential sponsor can sponsor their parents together as a couple. Here, one will be designated as the main applicant and the other as a principal applicant.
- Can also sponsor their grandparents along with their parents.
The income requirements vary depending on the number of individuals the sponsor is financially responsible for.
Benefits of PGP
The main benefit of this Parents sponsorship Canada is to reunite with their loved ones. Why because family is the backbone of any person.
This program enables the grandchildren or children to work extra hours. If the PGP of your parents or grandparents approved, then your parents or grandparents can enjoy the benefits of the land.
The benefits include free healthcare, the right to approve citizenship if they can work over there also. Parents or grandparents can get a higher quality of life and comfort with utmost care.
Parents or grandparents who wish to immigrate to Canada must undergo a medical examination. The results should be submitted during the time of application.
The documents that the sponsor needs to submit:
- Application to sponsor
- Sponsorship undertaking or agreement
- Financial evaluation of MNI
- Generic Canada application form
- Declaration form
- Additional information about family
- Supplementary information on travels
- All the documents are mentioned in the documents checklist.
The person whom you are sponsoring will need to provide personal information for their application. They will need to pass medical, criminality and security checks.
As part of their sponsorship for their parents or grandparents, the potential sponsor must sign an undertaking and sponsorship agreement. This agreement states that the sponsor is financially supporting the basic needs of the individual being sponsored for 20 years.
The potential sponsor and the person who is being sponsored should sign an agreement that; they will make every effort to support themselves. The potential sponsor should support their parents or grandparents financially for 20 years. The period begins from the date they become a permanent resident. In case, if the sponsored person has received any social assistance from the government, then; they have to repay the amount to the government.
Potential sponsors must evince that their total income meets the threshold called minimum necessary Income (MNI). This is essential to support themselves and to sponsor their parents through parents sponsorship Canada. This agreement proves that the sponsor can sponsor the needs of him as well as his parents or grandparents. MNI should be submitted along with their sponsorship application to apply for permanent residence. This is to confirm that the potential sponsor can support them financially and can properly take care of them. This sponsorship is entirely different in Quebec; it has entirely different sponsorship requirements.
Minimum Necessary Income (MNI)
The minimum necessary income of a potential sponsor is determined by subtracting the following amounts from their total annual income:
- Welfare Assistance
- Federal, provincial, and municipal financial assistance for employment training or social/ welfare benefits.
- Compensation board payments, excluding those for permanent disabilities.
The MNI is determined by the statistics of Canada’s low-income cut-off (LICO). It is the income threshold below which a household is expected to allocate a greater expenditure towards the necessities for an average household.
As one of the leading immigration and visa agencies in Chennai, Croyez has the reach and expertise to help you with the Canadian Permanent Resident application for your parents or grandparents.
Croyez helps you to take advantage of this policy and unite with your family through parents visa Canada with our immigration services.
When you sign up with us, Croyez will assist you in:
- Completing the document checklist
- Assistance during application processing
- Updates and follow-ups of your application.
- Post landing services in Canada.
Croyez assists you in gathering all relevant documents and evidence required for the application of Parents PR Canada. Also, helps in reviewing and completing the necessary forms for the application.
Talk to our Experts
Croyez Immigration is helping in every possible aspect to fulfill your dream for work and settle in your dream country. We are assisting you with all programs like Express entry, General Skilled migration and Temporary visa. Nowadays its become a land of opportunity for the immigrants it’s time to take the opportunity and utilize it. We have an expert team to guide your application with value-added services. If you think to adapt a great lifestyle in Canada & Australia then Croyez Immigration is the right place to start.