Alberta Immigration – Immigrate to Alberta
Alberta is one of the most popular provinces for immigrants. One of Canada’s most substantial provinces attracts newcomers from all over. It is the chief energy province of Canada. Alberta is part of western Canada. Alberta is one of the three prairie provinces. The gas and oil industry is a vital part of the province’s identity.
Alberta is named after the 4th daughter of Queen Victoria, Princess Louise Caroline Alberta. Alberta is enclosed by Canadian Rocky Mountains, deeply coveted by lush forests, and a southern region surrounded by never-ending grasslands. Alberta has a humid continental climate with warm summers and cold winters. Alberta encloses four climatic regions: alpine, boreal forest, parkland, and prairies. Alberta is home to different species of flora and fauna. Alberta has prodigious diversity and an abundance of late cretaceous dinosaur fossils in Canada.
The economy of Alberta is one of the strongest in the world. Because of its escalating petroleum industry, it has an abundance of natural resources. Alberta is the largest producer of conventional crude oil, natural gas, and gas products in Canada. Alberta is a sublime place to start your new life as an immigrant. It is the home to a vibrant and fast-growing industrial and service economy. Immigrate to Alberta to enjoy its high standard of living. Alberta is arguably the most promising province today.
Now Alberta requires trained manpower because the province proffers competitive wages, least augmented with taxation across Federal Canada. Alberta encloses well-paying employment opportunities, high salaries, the lowest taxation, a vibrant economy, and a superior lifestyle. These opportunities make Alberta the leading destination for work & residence.
ALBERTA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
Alberta Provincial Nominee Program is also known as the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. It is one of the well-liked immigrant recruitment programs in Canada. It offers Canada permanent residency visas to skilled foreign workers and entrepreneurs.
If you get the nomination, your spouse or partner, or dependent children can apply for Permanent Residence in Alberta. It is a separate PNP that allows the province to nominate aspirants based on expertise and skills to migrate and live on its soils.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is an economic immigration program operated by the Government of Alberta in collaboration with the Government of Canada and the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada [CIC]. By attracting and retaining skilled immigrants to the province, supports the economy of Alberta. People who are nominated through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program can apply for Canadian PR via Citizenship & Immigration Canada; if they are moving with their partners and dependent children. AINP has two streams:
- Stream for workers
- Stream for entrepreneurs
1. Stream for Workers
This stream is mainly for workers who wish to immigrate to Alberta to live and work over there or for those who are living or working in Alberta. This stream has two categories:
a. Alberta Express Entry System
b. Alberta Opportunity Stream
a. Alberta Express Entry System
This system allows Alberta to nominate a limited number of candidates through the Express Entry System. Immigrants who have a strong connection with the province or those who wish to contribute to the economy of Alberta are eligible for this stream. These immigrants have to send their applications with their expressions of interest. Immigrants who graduated from Canadian institutions are also eligible. Read more
b. Alberta Opportunity Stream
This system allows foreign workers to apply for the Alberta PNP program. The first preferences are given to the immigrants who already have a job offer in Alberta. People who are already living in Alberta or working over there are also eligible for this stream. Read more
2. Stream for Entrepreneurs
This stream is for those who wish to live in Alberta and buy or start a business in the province. This stream has two categories:
a. International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration System
b. Self-employed Farmer System
a. International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream (IGEIS)
To qualify for this stream: the immigrant should possess educational qualifications from a college or university in Alberta. He should have at least 6 months of work experience in the business: to start or buy an existing business in Alberta. The individuals who wish to immigrate to Alberta ought to have a skilled profession (NOC– 0, A, and B). They should have completed a diploma, degree, or graduate level documentation from a certified Canadian Institution.
b. Self-Employed Farmer Stream
It was created to help foreign immigrants start their farms in Canada. Allow experienced agricultural entrepreneurs to immigrate to Canada and obtain permanent residence. Managed by both the Alberta PNP program and the Alberta Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry and will need to meet the requirements and regulations stipulated by both organizations. Read more
Employment Driven Stream
Skilled Worker Category
The individuals who wish to immigrate to Alberta ought to have a experience skilled profession (NOC – 0, A, and B) with educational qualifications and specialized training.
Semi-Skilled Worker Category
Aspirants who wish to live and settle in Alberta through Alberta PNP program should possess necessary qualifications to work in any of these industries:
- Food & beverage processing
- Hotel & Lodging
- Food Service
Tips to follow while applying for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program:
- Carefully read all the terms and conditions of that PNP before applying for it. The immigrants have to keep themselves updated about the terms and conditions of that particular Provincial Nominee Program Canada. Why? Because the eligibility criteria for AINP change periodically without any prior notice. So, immigrants have to make sure that they keep themselves updated.
- Each stream in AINP encloses different selection criteria be it AINP opportunity stream, AINP express entry or AINP Farmer stream. In AINP opportunity Stream they look over for people who already live or work in Alberta. For AINP Express Entry System it is entirely different. For AINP Farmer Stream it is quite different from the others, in this program experienced farmers or entrepreneurs are nominated for this stream.
- A language proficiency test is necessary to get nominated for AINP. IT may be either English or French. But language paves a major way in nominating an immigrant through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. The immigrant should score the CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) score required for their profile to qualify themselves for the Alberta PNP program.
- Since there are many AINP streams make sure you are applying for the correct AINP stream that matches your profile.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the time taken to process the application for AINP?
- The processing time of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is different for each stream. It depends on the visa class; the individual has filed their petition. It also depends on the CIC bureau, on what they have applied. Normally, it takes 6-12 months to process the application for skilled workers and international graduate’s classes. It takes 9-15 months for a semi-skilled worker class. The application might take longer processing time based on the following factors:
- Labour Market Occupation Status
- The total number of applications received
- Date of the application received
- Application quality
- Volumes of application received
After submitting their profile, the immigrant has to wait till their profile gets processed. Once their profile is processed, they will get a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the province.
2. What kind of service or employment offers is required to qualify AINP?
The government of Alberta will send a Notification of Interest (NOI) to individuals if they meet the following requirements:
- The immigrant should intend to live and work in Alberta on a full-time basis.
- Employers must be registered and incorporated in Canada.
- Have a business that is cruel open in Alberta. For the International Graduate Category.
- Applicants from IGC must meet the specific requirements for their industry.
- Active express entry profile in federal Express Entry pool.
- They should have stated interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- They should work in occupations that support Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- They should have a minimum CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score) of around 300.
- They should have an IELTS score of band 6 in each module.
- Immigrants should have gained 3 years of work experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
3. Can my family immigrate with me to Canada via Alberta Provincial Nominee Program?
Alberta has the fastest-growing population in Canada. Though they have a large population, they face labour shortages which reflect in their economy. Immigration has become a prime factor; to resolve labour shortages in various sectors. The Government has introduced a New Family Stream; they believe that a new family stream can increase the population. Permanent residents or Canadian Citizens who reside in Canada at least for 2 years can sponsor their parents, child, spouse, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew for provincial nomination. You can bring your family along with you to Canada if they are eligible to enter Canada.
4. Can I apply for Alberta PNP without a job offer?
If an immigrant is entering Alberta through Express Entry Stream, they need not have any prior job offer or previous work experience. But one thing is essential for them to get nominated for the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program: the applicant should have worked in an occupation that supports the province’s economic development and diversification process. They should have an Express Entry CRS score of at least 300. No job offer or previous work experience in Alberta is mandatory to be qualified for Alberta immigration.
But the applicant should be working in an occupation that supports the province’s economic development and diversification priorities. But the applicant should have an Express Entry CRS score of at least 300 in the Express Entry System. No job offer is required for immigrants to enter Alberta through Alberta Immigration, Skilled workers from different backgrounds can apply under Alberta PNP through Express Entry Program.
5. Why is Alberta so popular for Immigration?
Firstly, Alberta has become an interestingly important destination for immigrants. The climate in Alberta is not as harsh as in other provinces. It has the most comfortable weather in the whole country. Alberta Immigration has many unique opportunities for skilled immigrant workers. The economy of Alberta is the strongest in Canada for the last ten years. Alberta has a well-built economy among all provinces of Canada.
Alberta is the second-largest agricultural producer in Canada. It has the third-largest industry in forestry. Alberta is a wonderful place to start your new life as an immigrant with promising opportunities and great benefits for citizens. Though Alberta has the fastest growing population, it struggles with labour shortages across many sectors. Alberta immigration paves way for the immigrants to settle and work in Alberta.
6. What do you know about the employer-driven stream (EDS)?
This stream came into existence; to maintain the foreign workers permanently in Alberta due to a labour shortage. Employer Driven Stream is one of the immigration eligibility streams of AINP. These streams target foreign nationals’ immigrants who possess valid offers of employment from Alberta employers. Foreign individuals who wish to enter through EDS should have a permanent job offer from Alberta employers if they intend to settle or work in Alberta. EDS encloses three streams:
- Alberta Skilled Worker
- Alberta International Graduate
- Alberta Semi-skilled Worker.
7. What careers are in demand in Alberta?
When it comes to a career in Alberta, many occupations are in high demand, yet Immigrants who possess experience in the following occupations have a high priority to get nominated for the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program. Based on the occupational outlook released by the Government of Alberta, this outlook tells us the utmost job shortages in Alberta:
- Early childhood educators
- Truck drivers
- Administrative assistants
- Administrative officers
- General office support workers
- Accounting technicians
- Automotive service technicians
- Computer programmers
- Media developers
- Licensed practical nurses
- Graphic designers
- Wind turbine technicians
- Alternative energy technologist
- Data miner
- Health coach
- Nano engineer
- Social Media Specialist
- Cloud Architect
- Business Continuity planner
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.