Quebec Business Immigration
About the Program
The Quebec immigration business stream invites like-minded, eligible business people, entrepreneurs, and senior-level managers who can afford to establish a profitable business that could contribute to the societal and economic upliftment of the province.
Once the applicant has provided their basic details regarding business establishment will receive a letter of selection in return “Certification of Selection of Quebec (CSQ)” to proceed further with the permanent residence visa application process. The Quebec province will intake business people under various streams depending upon their suitability.
Quebec Investor Immigration Program
The Quebec investor program enables the interested investors to fund a business in the province, and it requires an individual or a team to carry on with specific basic eligibility criteria. For instance,
- The applicant must have a minimum net worth of $2 million that is legally earned by running a business or working as a top-management executive for any organization.
- The applicants are required to either have owned and operated a business actively for at least two years in the last five years. Or, they must have been in a top management position and actively contributing to an organization’s growth for at least two years in the last five years.
- The applicant needs to invest $1.2 million as a passive investment under the government investment funding scheme for a period of five years without receiving any interest.
Applying for such a program can be an exhaustive process, requiring diligent paperwork and attention to detail. Any discrepancies in the documentation or fund requirements can lead to application rejection. As a result, it is crucial for applicants to liaise with an immigration office in Chennai or their respected city to streamline the application process and avoid any errors.
Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program
Quebec aims to find the right talent under this scheme who can operate their business and highly contribute to the province’s growth with their technical and business knowledge. Establishing a business under this stream can be widely classified into two approaches:
1. A potential entrepreneur receiving guidance from a business accelerator and funding from a business investor or any university entrepreneurship centre can apply.
2. The second approach involves creating or buying an enterprise, where the entrepreneur needs to take charge or control 25% of business operations if it is a new organization and 51% if it is a running one.
The candidates who are eligible to apply under this stream must provide relevant proof stating that they have 9,00,000 CAD as a legally earned net worth.
Furthermore, the candidate will be required to invest a certain amount of capital from their side in the business they will undertake. Investment of 2,00,000 CAD is critical when the business is operated outside Montreal and 3,00,000 CAD if it is operated within the metropolitan area limit of Montreal.
Quebec Immigrant Self-employed Program
An applicant who intends to do business or trade in the province of Quebec under the self-employed program needs to fulfil the below-given criteria where they must:
1. Have experience of at least two years in the field or industry where a candidate aims to establish a business or as a self-employed person in the Quebec province.
2. Hold a minimum net worth of 1,00,000 CAD individually or with a spouse or common-law partner.
3. Deposit an initial startup investment amount on the enterprise of 50,000 CAD if it is situated in the metropolitan area of Montreal and 25,000 CAD if it is situated outside the metropolitan area.
Added Requirements for Business Stream
There are certain generic eligibility qualifications that a candidate must meet irrespective of their business stream like
Business Plan clarity
1. The candidate must be willing to reside and settle in Quebec province.
2. The total number of intake per annum will be mentioned by the immigration authorities, which the candidate needs to meet.
3. A candidate who possesses affluent French-speaking knowledge can apply at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do I need to invest in Quebec to get PR?
The Quebec Business Immigration invites business immigrants under three different programs,
- Quebec Investor Program
- Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program
- Quebec Immigrant Self-Employed Program
Each program demands a minimum investment according to the business requirements,
Quebec Investor Program – The minimum investment required for the program- $1.2 million.
Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program- A minimum Investment of 2, 00,000 CAD is required for business which is to be operated outside Montreal and 3, 00,000 CAD if it is operated within Montreal.
Quebec Immigrant Self-Employed Program- A minimum Investment of 50,000 CAD is required for business which is to be operated in Montreal and 25,000 CAD if it is operated outside Montreal.
How can a business owner immigrate to Canada?
A potential business entrepreneur can apply for Canadian permanent residence by application to any of the three Quebec Business Immigration programs on satisfying the minimum investment criteria.
Can I find out what my chances are of qualifying to immigrate to Québec?
A minimum of 50 points awarded for the Quebec selection criterion will make you eligible to qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program thus availing you the chance to immigrate to Quebec.
What steps do I need to follow to immigrate to Québec to work?
If you are a skilled worker and looking forward to immigrating to Quebec, firstly you need to apply to the Government of Quebec to obtain the Quebec Selection Certificate [CSQ], on collecting the certificate from the province, you can apply for permanent residence.
What conditions must be met to work temporarily in Québec?
If an applicant wishes to immigrate to Quebec for work or employment, the correspondent should have a valid job offer from a Quebec-based Employer along with the Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).
Can I obtain information on the Québec education system and educational institutions?
Québec education system
Quebec is considered the best affordable study destination among the provinces of Canada, the education system proffers global education meeting the best standards with a wide range of programs both in English and French for a nominal tuition fee opening admissions from pre, primary and Secondary Education to the top post-secondary and post-doctoral researches.
Educational institution –Mostly all the Universities and Colleges in Quebec are recognized globally and are marked for their excellence in delivering renowned quality education, Out of the 19 Universities in Quebec where the medium of instruction is French, the following are the three English Language Universities,
What do I need to do to sponsor a member of my family?
Once you become a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your dependent family members (Spouse, Children, Parents/ Grandparents) and avail them of permanent residence through the Family Sponsorship Program (FSP).
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.