Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
The skilled independent visa program (subclass 189) was brought into act to meet the surpulusahortage of skilled workers in Australia for various fields and industries. The subclass 189 visa program is a permanent visa program that falls under the point-based system of Australian Immigration program. The applicant who have registered for the visa program must meet the respective qualification or skill for a particular job listed under the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skilled List (MLSSL). The applicant doesn’t require any sponsorship support from the concenred territorial/state government like subclass 190. But they need to score a minimum of 65 marks in the evaluation test.
Eligibility Criteria to avail Skilled Independent Visa
- The applicant must get through the evaluation test by scoring a minimum marks of 65 and this is considerd to be the basic eligibility.
- The concerned applicant must be 18-49 years old.
- The applicant must undergo English proficiency test and score a minimum band of 6 in all the four departments (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
- The applicant who have registered for the skilled independent visa program must meet the criteria of applying for suitable job that got listed in the medium and Long-term Skill Set List and it must get synchronized with their work experience as well.
- Before the visa application gets processed the applicant must undergo a skill evaluation test for the concerned job they have applied.
Advantages in Subclass 189 Visa
- Using this visa the applicant can moveon to Australia with their family.
- The subclass 189 visa provides the privilege of residing anywhere in Australia for the concerned visa holder.
- Amongst all the Australian visa program rthe subclass 189 visa is found to have the quickest processing time.
- This visa provides the benefit of reside anywhere work anywhere option, as you have no restriction to stick with the same profile and as an immigrant you can switch over to any other different profile according to your competency.
- This visa program avails an extra perk of pursuing higher studies while working in Australia.
How to apply for Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
The process to apply for skilled independent visa includes three brief steps, where the concerned applicant has to get through them in order to acquire the visa within the stipulated time.
Step1: The educational qualification and relevant work expereince of the concerned applicant will be evaluated here and the evaluation process will be carried out by the Department of Home Affairs. Post completing the evaluation the concerned government passes the judgement that the applicant is fit enough to practice the applied job in Australian state(s).
Step2: Once the applicant got approved with their Skilled Independent Visa Process for the positive aptitude appraisal, they can now adopt for the Expression of Interest to a concerned Skillset, this can be done by being in or outside Australia.
Step3: This involves the final stage, where the applicant will be provided with the pass of Invitation To Apply and they can apply using the DOHA (Department Of Health Australia) phase of the visa application process. Here the health conditions of the applicant will be tested and provided with a positive certificate (based on their health conditions) to enter authenticatedly into Australia.
Total Processing time to get Subclass 189 Visa
The processing time wholly depends on various factors like:
- Total number of applicantions received for skilled immigration program
- How complicated or simple is the case of the applicant
- Delay in document submission due to incomplete completion
- Total number of positions available for skilled immigrants
- Extra enquiries made by the immigration officers