Post Graduate Work Permit Canada (PGWP) | Canada Post Study Work Visa
Extend Your Stay in Canada with a Post Study Work Visa. Post graduate working permit Canada allows you to remain in Canada after Graduation and gain experience.
Why Apply for Canada Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP Canada)
Through a Post study work visa Canada:
- Your chance to experience Canadian workspace
- You can earn and live your life in your dreamland for real
- Your Chance to Become a Permanent Resident of Canada
- The PGWP processing time is less and hassle-free
- The chances of rejection are minimal to none when the documentation is proper.
- Cost-effective as the Post study work visa Canada is offered by the Government for its students to give a glimpse of Canada’s work style.
Overview of Post Graduation Work Permit
Students who graduated with a degree/diploma from a specific Designated Learning Institution can apply for a post graduation work permit in Canada. But, applicants can apply for the work permit within 180 days of graduation or the date of receiving their transcript.
Students who have received a post-graduation work permit in Canada can stay for a maximum of 3 years. Canada’s post-graduate work permit enables the candidates to get a step closer to achieving permanent resident status.
Over the years, there have been a few alterations in Canada’s post graduate work permit. The prime example of this would be the temporary work permit program for international students impacted by the covid-19 pandemic. This temporary work permit opened around January 27, 2021, and helped nearly 52,000 candidates.
Benefits of Canada Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP Canada)
- An opportunity to work full-time and gain experience with Canadian companies on a Post study work permit in Canada.
- You can work in any company during your Post graduate working permit Canada, as PGWP Canada is an Open Work Permit.
- Fulfill your career goals in the country of your dreams and enhance your chance to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Candidates with Canadian studies would be preferred more than foreign candidates wanting to enter Canada through a work permit.
- For candidates holding a valid Canada Post Graduate Work permit, LMIA is not required.
Eligibility to Apply for Post graduate working permit Canada(PGWP)
- Applicants should be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants should complete at least eight months or longer program in any Designated Learning Institute offering a Degree/Diploma or Certificate.
- Applicants should have a valid study permit with a valid visitor record.
- Applicants should have maintained full-time status for each semester while studying, and only the final semester can be part-time.
- If you complete a particular course or program requiring eight months within six months via an accelerated program, you may be eligible to apply for a Canada post-study work visa.
- Suppose an applicant transferred from one college to another college that is not a designed learning institution. In such a case, only the total months of studies with a DLI will be calculated.
- Applicants can apply for the Canada post-study work visa by extending their stay via visitor card. Or, they can come back to their native country and then apply for a post-graduation work permit.
Document Required for Post graduate work permit Canada (PGWP).
- Documentation has a major role in receiving a positive response. Likewise, the important documents required for a Post study work permit in Canada are:
- Graduation certificate or Transcripts from recognized DLI
- A valid Study permit
- Job offer letter(Optional)
How to Apply for Canada Post Study Work Visa
Post study work visa Canada application process takes a few steps and proper documentation. The usual PGWP processing time takes about XX time for in-land applications & XX time for outside applications.
- Login to your account in the IRCC portal
- Submit the required documents
- Wait for visa officers to verify and make a decision on your application.
- Receive your work permit upon approval and start working with a valid Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
Validity of Post Graduation Work Permit
The Government of Canada offers a post-graduation work permit to candidates to plan their long-term careers. Candidates can apply for jobs in Canada and earn professionally. They can also gain a permanent resident status as various immigration programs reward candidates with work experience in Canada.
Since it is an open work permit, candidates do not have to worry about the location. They can apply for a job in any province or territory. Also, the employer and candidates can stop worrying about the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
But, the validity of a post-graduate work permit can vary and depend on the following factors:
- If the study time is less than one year but greater than eight months, the post-graduate work permit will only be valid for one year.
- If the study time is greater than one year and less than two years, such candidates’ post-graduate work permit validity will be equivalent to the length of their study program.
- Candidates will only get a post-graduate work permit for three years if their length of the study program is for two years or more.
Candidates only get a post-graduate work permit if their college or university falls under the category of Designated Learning Institutes. Hence, it is best to confirm with the learning institution you choose before taking an admission if they are a DLI.
Eligible Criteria for Colleges or Universities to Fall under a DLI
Here is how you learn if a particular college or university is a Designated Learning Institution:
- Public and Private Secondary Institution: Public institutions including a college or university, a school for learning trading, technical institutes, CEGEP (Only for Quebec), etc. In addition, it also includes private learning institutions that operate as per similar regulations as public institutions in Quebec.
- Post-secondary institution or private secondary in Quebec: This includes learning institutions providing relevant programs covering over 900 hours of studies for a diploma or vocational studies course.
- Private Canadian institutions regulated by provincial statute: Such institutions offer degrees but are limited to only a few programs. It can include a bachelor’s, doctoral, or master’s degree that is only authorised by the provincial government and help avail a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
You can know that your institution is DLI and eventually get a Post Study Work Permit in Canada.
Why choose Croyez Immigration for PGWP Canada?
Applying for a post-graduate work permit can be an exhaustive process, and any discrepancies in the application can jeopardise your chances of getting the permit. Hence, it is recommended to seek immigration services for Canada.
As a Post study work Visa Consultant, Croyez offer assistance with your student visa application, Post Graduate Work Permit and all other visa-related services for tier-1 countries like Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the USA. With our 7-year data management, you will get end-to-end services and complete customized guidance at every step of your immigration process.
Contact any of our branches all over India and book your free one-on-one consultation with Croyez to start your migration journey to your dream destination.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does a post-graduate work permit help with Canada permanent residency?
There are stellar immigration programs offering for candidates with work experience in Canada, including
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Quebec Immigration Options
You can also apply for another permit, encompassing LMIA and LMIA exempt work permits.
How long does the PGWP process take?
Acquiring a post-graduate work permit can take around 80-180 days. You get 180 days to apply for a post-graduate work permit after completing your degree, and if your study work visa has not expired, you can work in Canada while waiting for your PGWP.
Before, you had to be in the country to apply for a PGWP. But now, you can come back to your native country and apply for a PGWP from there. But, the immigration bodies may require some additional documents if you are applying for a permit outside Canada.
How many times can I apply for a post-graduation work permit?
Only once! Hence, if you plan to pursue further studies in Canada, it is best to plan ahead and apply for PGWP accordingly. Also, more extended study programs grant you longer validity for PGWP, so take such points into consideration.
Get in touch with our best immigration consultants to learn about the requirements and process to apply for a PGWP.
Who is not eligible for a PGWP?
A foreign national who is not graduated from a Post-graduation work permit approved Designated Learning Institution in Canada will not be considered eligible. This means the DLI should offer PGWP-eligible programs.
When can an application be submitted?
You can submit your application for a Post-graduation work permit within 180 days of officially completing your study program, i.e. from the time on receiving your course completion certificate from the institution.
What is the processing time for an application for a PGWP?
The applicable processing time for a PGWP application is approximately 2 months.
Does a graduate with a PGWP have to remain in Canada?
Yes, a graduate with a PGWP will be eligible to stay in Canada for a maximum of 3 years depending on the study program taken. The validity depends on the duration of the study program which is usually between 1 year to a maximum of 3 years but not beyond the passport validity of the applicant.
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.