Temporary Work Permit Canada | Temporary Work Visa Canada
Almost everyone needs a Temporary work permit to legally work in Canada. There are 2 types of temporary work permits.
1. Open Work Permit
2. Employer-Specific Work Permit
The validity of a Canada temporary work permit will be based on the category of TRV. Find the details below to find out which category you need to apply to.
Being a trustworthy immigration and visa consultant in Chennai, we offer the best visa processing services for our clients to visit the land of maple leaves.
Open Work Permit
An open work permit allows you to work for any employer except business operations marked as ineligible, offering services such as striptease, massages, etc.
Who Can Apply for an Open Work Permit?
- Suppose the applicant is an international student and recently graduated from a Designated Learning Institution with a degree or diploma course. In that case, they can apply for a temporary work permit in Canada.
- The applicant should convince the immigration office that they will leave on time after the temporary work visa Canada.
- If the applicant is a student who’s no longer able to pay their tuition fees and wants to continue their studies, they can apply for a temporary work permit in Canada.
- Applicants holding an employer-specific work permit and received maltreatment from the employer can apply for an open work permit and change the employer.
- Applicants should respect Canadian laws and should not be involved in any illegal activities.
- An applicant who applied for Canadian permanent residence.
- The applicant is a dependent family member who applied for permanent residence.
- The applicant is a spouse/common-law partner of a Skilled worker/International student or an Atlantic Immigration Pilot program applicant.
- Applicants need to undergo medical examinations if required.
- An applicant who is a protected person, refugee, refugee claimant, or family member.
- Applicants should avoid seeking work from employers who provide illicit services as employment with such illegal establishments will not help acquire a temporary work visa in Canada.
Employer-Specific Work Permit
This form of temporary work visa in Canada initially requires an offer letter from a concerned company of a specific Canadian province stating that they are onboarding you temporarily. This open work permit in Canada also requires clearance from the government’s Human Resource and Skill Development board.
- The applicant can apply for an employer-specific work permit if they hold a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
- An applicant is only able to work with the employer mentioned in their Canadian open work visa
- They cannot work for the employer post the visa period. If an applicant wants to extend their stay, they need to renew the work permit with the approval of an employer.
- In some cases, even the work location of the applicant will be mentioned in the Visa document.
- In case if the Job offer needs approval from the Labour Market Impact assessment, Those employers should approach LMIA before recruiting the applicant. You can find more details here.
If you require staying in the country and working in the country, you can opt for our temporary work visa services, where we navigate you in the right direction by moving your papers without any obstacles. In addition, an open work visa in Canada opens opportunities for applicants to apply for permanent residence. Partnering with Croyez Immigration can minimise your chances of making any mistakes during the application process and secure a PR seamlessly.
If You Fall Under Skilled Immigrant Then You Would Get Classified Into Any Of These Three Categories:
According to the New Express Entry System, which was launched in 2015, skilled labour who wish to enter Canada for their profession must undergo a separate evaluation according to the province to which they are working by providing necessary documents.
Being the most experienced player in the industry of immigration consultation, we offer the best immigration consulting service to our valuable clients to land a proper job in Canada.
Croyez Immigration is helping in every possible aspect to fulfill your dream for work and settle in your dream country. We are assisting you with all programs like Express entry, General Skilled migration and Temporary visa. Nowadays its become a land of opportunity for the immigrants it’s time to take the opportunity and utilize it. We have an expert team to guide your application with value-added services. If you think to adapt a great lifestyle in Canada & Australia then Croyez Immigration is the right place to start.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is a temporary work permit valid in Canada?
The validity of a temporary work permit in Canada is for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year depending on the contract of employment; it can be given an extension to a maximum of 4 years to 7 years depending on the type of work permit.
If I have a Canadian job offer, am I eligible to apply for a work permit?
Yes, a Canadian job offer with a legitimate employer will easily fetch you a work permit on application.
How do I apply for a work permit?
On receiving a qualifying job offer, a foreign national can fill and submit his application for the work permit to IRCC including a copy of LMIA or specifying the employment number in the application as applicable.
How long will it take to process my work permit application?
Depending on the types of work permits, the processing time for an application falls between 1-9 months.
What is the rate of success for work permit/LMIA applications?
A clean application with conventional document submission will promptly increase the success rate by 98% in acquiring a work permit irrespective of the job offer whether or not accompanied by LMIA.