Yukon Community Pilot program
The Yukon Community Pilot program is an immigration program launched by Canada’s northern territory of the Yukon and part of Yukon PNP.
The Yukon Community Pilot Program is created to address the economic and labour market needs of the Yukon. Under this program, the applicant will get 2 years of work permit and later apply for Canada permanent resident visa. This program was launched by the Government of Yukon in January 2020 and will be open for 3 years until June 2023. An applicant who applies Yukon community pilot program can work for 2 to 3 employers in participating community of Yukon listed below
Benefits of Yukon Community Pilot Program:
Yukon Community Pilot Program is proffering many benefits to the immigrants:
- No Educational requirements
- No Language requirements (IELTS Not required)
- The job offer does not need LMIA approval (LMIA exemptional subsection R205a )
- A spouse can apply for an open work permit in Canada if the primary applicant receives a job offer under NOC Skill level O, A, or B.
- Proof of funds not required.
- The applicant will be eligible to get a Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Job offer can be multiple part-time jobs from 3 different employers.
- YCP work permit will be valid for 2 years.
Eligibility Criteria for the Yukon Community Pilot program:
The Yukon Community pilot program has certain eligibility criteria. The immigrants have to meet these requirements in order to be qualified for the Yukon Community Pilot Program:
- Should have 2 to 3 job offers from up to 3 employers in participating Yukon community.
List of Participating Yukon community
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
- Watson Lake
- Should receive a nomination from the Government of Yukon (can be done after receiving a valid job offer)
- All the job offers must add up to 30 hours of work a week (equal to a full-time job)
- Meet the general requirements of the work permit.
Documents required for the Yukon Community Pilot Program
The following are the documents that are required for the Yukon Community Pilot Program:
- The immigrant should submit a copy of the nomination letter given by the government of Yukon, confirming that they have been nominated for permanent residence.
- They should also submit a signed letter of support from the government of Yukon Stating that the employers who offer the job wish you to work in the community. It should also state that the job offers issued by the employer are valid and should also list the details of the job offer, which include the name of the employer, number of hours, job location, etc.
Steps to apply for Yukon Community Pilot Program
Step 1: Apply for the job offers
As the first step, the immigrants need to apply for two or three job offers that match their profile.
Step 2: Applying for the nomination
- The immigrant has to apply for the Yukon Provincial Nominee Program to immigrate to Canada. They will receive a nomination letter from the government of Yukon. For the Yukon work permit, the immigrant can either apply for a skilled worker program or a critical impact worker program based on their skill level.
- The immigrant should also get a signed letter of support from the Government of Yukon. The letter should contain details about the job location, number of hours, occupation, employer’s name, etc. The letter should also confirm that the employer needs the immigrant to live and work in the community.
Step 3: Applying for the Work Permit
Once the immigrant gets the job offer and letters from the Yukon government, they can apply for the Yukon work permit. Through the Yukon work permit, the immigrant can work for any employer, with restrictions on the location. Moreover, the immigrant does not need LMIA approval to get that Yukon work permit.
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.