Permanent Residency for Canada | Canada PR for Indians
Permanent Residency in Canada: How to Apply for Canada PR in 2023?
Canada has emerged as a preferred destination to move permanently among students and working professionals alike. A permanent resident is not a Canadian citizen but is given the status of permanent residence in Canada.
The enhanced standard of living, many job opportunities, and a safe environment have been major reasons to attract immigrants worldwide. Getting permanent residency for Canada might be on your checklist, but the process is complicated and lengthy. Hence, applying for a Canadian permanent residency visa from India is advised to ensure a smooth transition to the city of your dreams. This can be done with the help of authorized and professional immigration consultants or consultancies who are aware of the ins and outs of the visa process. You also need to know that though permanent, the validity of the Canadian PR visa is 5 years, and it has to be renewed after the tenure ends.
Let us understand the benefits and the process of obtaining a Canadian PR visa in 2023.
Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Canada Visa (ITA)
If an applicant receives an invitation to apply letter then it is denoted that they are eligible to apply for permanent resident status, the applicant who receives an ITA letter will also receive a letter from the board of Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) stating under which skilled program they must apply and also the procedure to apply for a permanent resident visa. Those who apply for the Canada permanent residency visamust keep in mind that they still have a few more procedures to complete before landing in Canada as a permanent resident.
The speediest way to obtain a permanent residency for Canada is via Express Entry, Once an applicant fulfills all the requirements for Canada PR and become competent enough with the CRS score along with matching purpose, skills and experience then the applicant’s profile will have more feasibility to receive ITA from the IRCC Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
You must note that receiving an ITA letter doesn’t mean that they will be availing a permanent residential status, whereas the applicant will become eligible to proceed further by applying for permanent resident status and the immigration board takes care of the further assessment process by evaluating the related criteria that decide whether an applicant can receive permanent resident status or not.
The permanent residency for Canada is almost complete when you receive the ITA.
The Number of Invitation Issued by IRCC to Express Entry candidates has been increasing every year since Express Entry was launched. The graph proves that with the actual count of ITA received every year.
- ITA Issued in 2015:31,063
- ITA Issued in2016:33,496
- ITA Issued in 2017:86,043
- ITA Issued in 2018:89,800
- ITA Issued in 2019:84,800
- ITA Issued in 2020:107,350
- ITA Issued in 2021:114,431
- ITA Issued in 2022:46,529
The immigration board will further cross verify the authentication factor of the applicant by validating the details they provide for permanent resident status with the one they have provided in the Express Entry form initially if there is any kind of mismatch found then the applying candidate will get detained in two forms
- Not allowed to get admitted in any part of Canada under any stream. In simple words, you are not allowed to take part in the permanent residency program for travelling to Canada.
- Will be barred to enter into any Canadian province for the next five years
Requirement for Canada PR after ITA is Issued
Applicants who meet the requirement of the Canada PR visa program are likely to receive the PR card from the Canadian Government. These applicants are responsible for ensuring that the information in their profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times. At the moment the Applicant Receives ITA, Their Express Entry Profile will lock automatically and they are allowed to edit only if they decline the Invitation, But Information may be updated in APR.
RCIC’s are legal consultants for the Canada PR (Permanent resident) program. They are an authorized immigration representative who evaluates your profile and submits it. They are helpful in making you gain more points in the Permanent Residence Program for Canada. RCIC are legally qualified members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and they have up-to-date knowledge about the requirement for the Canada PR program. RCIC’s are proficient people in the immigration field. They help the candidate progress easily through the Canada Permanent Residency Visa program. Croyez is the one and only certified Canada PR Visa Consultant in Tamilnadu registered with ICCRC.
We serve you more by charging you less; we are the best consultant for Canada PR satisfying all your immigration needs with utmost ease. We help you in every move to make things simpler in your way.
There is a guarantee from our side that changes will be rarely made after the ITA is issued.
Factors that Would Impact an Applicant’s CRS Score
Factors that Could Increase Applicant’s CRS:
- Education From a higher level
- Reaching Additional years of work Experience
- New Language test(IELTS) results with improved Scores
Factors that Could Decrease Applicant’s CRS:
- Addition of a spouse or common-law partner as a Secondary Applicant
- New Language Test(IELTS) results with lower scores [eg: Applicant previous language scorecard expires and appeared in the new exam scored lower than the previous result]
- loss of Qualified job offer
Factors that Could Either Increase or Decrease Applicant’s CRS:
- Addition of a spouse or common-law partner as a Secondary Applicant
Factors for which Applicants are Not Penalized for losing points:
- Applicant’s Birthday Occurs after ITA was Issued
Eligible For Multiple Express Entry Programs
If the applicant is eligible for multiple Express Entry Program they will receive an ITA in this order
Deadline to Respond to an ITA
Applicants need to check the Express Entry profile frequently for regular updates. After Receiving an ITA, Applicant will have 60 calendar days’ time to respond either accept or decline. If the applicant does not respond they will be no longer in the Express Entry pool (Again the applicant needs to recreate Express entry profile to receive future invites)
Canada PR Visa process completion usually takes a minimum of 6 months if the applicant’s profile is fully qualified meeting all the Canada PR requirements as stipulated by the Canadian Immigration Rules.
Decline the Invitation(ITA):
If the applicant is not ready to submit all the required documents within 60 calendar days, Then the applicant has the option to decline the invitation, then the applicant will go back to Express Entry to receive future Invites.
Accept the Invitation(ITA):
The applicant has 60 days gap to submit their documents to become eligible to obtain Canadian PR post obtaining their ITA, where they need to produce the following documents
Language Test Result
The applicant who has received ITA letter must produce their language test result and verify that they have cleared the minimum point system to be obtained by giving the language proficiency test moreover, they also need to check with the validity of the test result since its lifetime is maximum of two years.
Police Verification Certificate
The applying candidate and their dependent applicants (family members if any) need to submit a police verification certificate from the region they reside, any family members who are above 18 needs to submit a police verification certificate stating there are no criminal records charged on them, moreover, they also need to submit the police verified certificate from other countries if they have lived there for more than 6 months.
Update on Personal Information
Any change in the applicant’s personal information might improve or deprive their chance of getting a PR visa to their applying province in Canada, and it all depends upon their updated personal status that gets very much linked with obtaining Canadian PR.
Here are some of the factors that are directly linked with the applicant’s profile and will certainly affect their chance of availing of a Canada PR.
- Lossing Canadian job offer
- Lossing Provincial Nominee status
- Producing expired language eligibility test results
- Obtaining language-related points below the requirement
The applicant’s dependent might also be a key influencing factor here and their points might also turn anyway around
For example applicant’s spouse status like
- Language skills
- Value towards contributing to the upliftment of the specific Canadian province
So, it is always wise to seek for a good and reliable Immigration consultant for Canada PR before enrolling into the big pool entry to avoid discrepancies in your application and profile denials.
Connect with Croyez and get your Canadian PR effortlessly.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa for Indians
The overall planned permanent resident admissions are 4, 01,000 as per the latest guidelines from the Government of Canada, Hence undoubtedly Canada Permanent resident for Indians is no cakewalk except for rightly meeting all the prerequisites as determined by the Canadian Immigration rules.
Canada is one of the safest places globally to lead an overall better life with better job prospects, So people migration, especially from India, is rapidly increasing year after year, the Canada PR process for an Indian is also as same as other citizens from different parts of the World, Canada welcomes and treats everyone with equal privilege.
Rejection of ITA
Canada proffers endless job opportunities to excel in your respective careers with appreciable salary packages which are the most essential aspect of becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada.
Being said that, the competition to study, work and settle in one such prominent Country is high on the board, crossing all the hazards, the status –‘permanent resident of Canada’ ensures multifarious benefits to the immigrants.
Canada Permanent resident Immigration involves delicate procedures which claim utmost focus with eyes wide open in every little move throughout the schedule from start to finish.
Applicants seeking for Canada permanent residency Visa should rightly understand the Canadian Immigration Point system which will help the applicant to fetch more points and can be an easy router to get Canada Permanent resident Visa without much hindrance.
Be doubt free, feel confident to apply for a Canada PR, but then take the right step in choosing the best Canada PR Consultancy in India-Croyez is the complete functional solution to all your immigration needs.
The Canadian immigration board or even the Express Entry pool itself will reject the application of the candidate’s letter to obtain ITA at times to rescue them from unnecessary intervention or decimation of the current profile. These candidates inadvertently run short of the Canada PR program’s requirement and are kept back in the Express Entry pool for the next 12 months and they can re-appear for the ITA or Canada Permanent Residency visa in successive 6 months. In the meantime, the candidate needs to keep their profile updated by searching for relevant jobs and increasing their skill set as well.
To avoid all such barriers the applicant should have a clear view of the basic requirement criteria such as age, educational qualification, job offer, language proficiency, work experience well before attempting a shot to avail a permanent residency to Canada.
Once meeting all the Canadian PR requirements and completing the procedure for the Permanent Resident program. You are labeled as a Canadian Permanent Resident who has come from India.
So the predominant factor to be considered to get through the fastest gateway is to prudently understand the requirements for Canada PR.
We also stand out to be the best Canada PR Consultant in India by providing highly proficient immigration service in and out.
We proffer clean guidance to all the applicants to effectuate the process smoothly.
The Conversion from PR Status to Canadian Citizenship
The easiest way to acquire Canadian Citizenship is to become a permanent resident of Canada.
Holding a permanent resident status alone will not make you a citizen of Canada, but being a permanent resident one can apply for Canadian Citizenship after passing the initial citizenship test followed by meeting all the eligibility criteria fixed by the Government of Canada.
What are the Benefits of a Canada Permanent Visa?
Becoming a permanent resident comes with its perks. Some of the key benefits of a permanent resident are described below:
- Social benefits like health coverage and school education as available to Canadian citizens.
- The option to live, work or study anywhere in any Canadian province.
- Protection and rights under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Freedom and Rights.
- Option to apply for Canadian citizenship.
After getting a PR, you still cannot vote or get high-security jobs. It is necessary to apply through the appropriate pathway, like as an international student or as a skilled worker, to get the PR.
How to Get a Permanent Resident (PR) Visa for Canada?
There are many programs and pathways to get PR in Canada in place by the Canadian government. It has to be kept in mind that every program has its process and eligibility criteria which you need to be well-versed with. Some of the common programs for Canada PR are mentioned below.
Popular Programs to Get Canada PR
- Express Entry Program: A point-based immigration program launched by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada/IRCC for skilled working professionals.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Immigration programs by Canadian provinces for PR. Aspirants can apply to the specific PNP of their choice in the province.
- Investor/Entrepreneur Program: Any aspirant willing to invest or start a new business in Canada can apply for a PR under this process.
- Self-employed Program: Applicants who are into cultural activities or are athletes, or are involved in buying and managing farms can get a PR under this program.
- Family Class Immigration: Within this, you can sponsor your families to get a PR once you have attained yours.
- Atlantic Immigration Program: Under this, employers can hire working professionals in any of the 4 Atlantic provinces.
How to Get a PR Visa through Express Entry System?
The Express Entry Program is the most common pathway to getting a Canada PR for Indians. 3 key categories enable Indians to get Canadian PR.
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP): This program is for skilled workers who are assessed on 6 parameters: age, education, work experience, language proficiency, adaptability, and employment.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): Aspirants qualified as trade workers can apply under this program.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): A student or an aspirant with a temporary visa who has acquired efficient work experience and language fluency in English or French can apply under CEC for a PR.
As mentioned, the PR card has to be renewed every 5 years. To renew the same, it is important to live in the country for at least 730 days for the last five years.
What are the Document Requirements to Apply for a Canadian PR Visa?
The key documents required are
- Educational Credential Assessment or ECA from an accredited authority like WES or ICAS.
- IELTS Test proved language proficiency with a score of 7 in English or French.
- Medical Exams Certificates and Police Clearance Certificates or PCC.
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Proof of funds one has- property and bank financials.
- Other documents as per the visa program selected by you.
What is the Express Entry Program Eligibility Criteria/Selection Factors?
A minimum of 67 points should be scored out of 100 to get the PR under the Express Entry program and fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
A minimum age of 18 years is required. The scores are higher if you are between the age group of 18-35.
You should have completed your higher education for the PR. Apart from this, more qualifications might be required per the NOC code of your job.
- Work Experience
A minimum of one year of full-time work experience is required to get a PR smoothly.
- Language Ability
Applicants should be proficient in English or French and must take the IELTS test to prove the same.
If your common-law partner or spouse has a connection in Canada, your chances of getting a PR are higher.
- Arranged Employment
A valid offer letter from a Canadian employer increases your chances of permanent residency in Canada.
What is the Next Step Once you Qualify for Express Entry-FSW Category?
- You must submit your EOI or Expression of Interest once you enter the Express Entry pool.
- Followed by this, you get a CRS or Comprehensive Ranking Score based on the factors of the program. As per the points attained, the IRCC selected candidates from this pool
- Once selected, you get the ITA or Invitation to Apply for a Canadian PR after getting into the Express Entry program.
- After the ITA, remember to apply for a PR in 60 days.
How to Apply for a PR Visa Through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)?
There are two main methods under the same:
- Get NOI or Notification of Interest From the Province: Your application for PNP is selected from the Express Entry. Once you get the NOI, respond to the same and apply for the relevant PNP to get extra 600 points in Express Entry.
- Direct Application for PNP: Instead of going through the Express Entry Channel, choose the province of your choice and apply for a PNP directly. Make sure to follow the process carefully or take assistance from the best consultant for Canada PR.
Once you get the nomination from the province of your choice, you can apply for a PR and move to your dream province.
Canada Immigration Target for 2023-25
According to the Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-25, the Canadian government will invite more than 1.5 million individuals to apply for a Canada PR Visa over the next three years. Approximately 60 percent of new immigrants will be admitted under economic immigration programs, such as Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), etc.
According to the plan, IRCC will admit 465,000 new permanent residents in 2023. There will be nearly 60 percent of these new admissions under skilled migration programs. As of 2025, the Canadian government plans to accept 500,000 new immigrants as holders of Canada PR visas, and this number will increase to 485,000 by 2024.
Apply for PR through the Business Immigration Program
Investors or entrepreneurs starting new and existing businesses in Canadian provinces can get a PR. Programs like the Business Investment stream (BIS) of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) can help you get a PR in Canada.
Apply for PR in Canada as a Self-Employed Person
Relevant experience and the ability to contribute to the Canadian economy can help you get a PR as a self-employed person in Canada. Applicants are selected by IRCC on the following criteria:
- Relevant experience of the applicant.
- Applicant is a part of cultural activities or athletic activities.
- Applicant meets the selection parameters of the program.
Apply for PR in Canada through Family Sponsorship
If you already have a PR, you can sponsor your family to Canada under the program. You can sponsor
- Your child or spouse
- Conjugal or common-law partner
- Other eligible relatives
Eligibility Requirements for a Sponsor of a Family Visa
- Sponsor should be 18 years or above.
- Evidence that they can financially support their family.
- Sponsor should be in Canada or intend to live in Canada.
- Sponsors should not have any criminal charges against them.
Stepwise Process to Apply for a Canadian PR visa?
- Step 1: Get your key documents first, like the ECA and IELTS scores.
- Step 2: Get the minimum scores on the Express Entry program, i.e., 67 out of 100.
- Step 3: Once in the pool, submit your EOI profile.
- Step 4: Obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the program to which you have applied.
- Step 5: Once you receive the ITA, prepare the application and submit it along with all the required documents, such as education and employment records, proof of funds, etc.
- Step 6: Obtain your medical certificate and PCC, and submit your application.
- Step 7: Immigration consultants will verify your application and documents for Canada PR after this.
- Step 8: Once your application is approved by IRCC, you will get your PR confirmation and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence).
It is important to note that the entire process takes up to 6-8 months. It also depends on the program you have applied under.
What are the Canada PR Application Fees?
|Application fees for PR||$850||51,000|
|For a secondary application like a child or spouse||$850||51,000|
|Each dependent child||$250 per child||13,800|
|RPRF (Landing fees) per adult||$515||30,900|
|RPRF (Landing fees) per child||NIL||NIL|
Proof of Funds for Canada PR Visa
- Before getting your PR, you need to show proof of your funds to show that you can sustain yourself and your family when you get the PR and not be a liability.
- The amount can vary as per the size of the family.
- Documents like that property and bank statements can be used.
Dos and Don’ts for a Canadian PR Holder
Things you can do as a PR Holder:
- Live, work and study anywhere in Canada.
- Get Social Security Benefits like healthcare coverage and school education.
- Get protection under Canadian law.
- Apply for Canadian citizenship.
Things you cannot do:
- Vote in elections.
- Get high-security jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Canada PR Visa Holder
- When travelling to Canada, permanent residents must carry their PR cards or PRTDs (permanent resident travel documents)
- If you do not carry these documents, you will not be able to board a plane, boat, train, or bus to Canada
- When you return to Canada after moving outside maple leaf country, ensure this card is valid
- If the existing PR has expired, you will need to apply for a new one
Canada PR Visa Renewal Process
If you wish to renew your existing PR, you must have lived in Canada for at least 730 days in the last five years.
For you to renew your visa, you must have lived in Canada for this period; however, it is not necessarily a constant stay. In order to renew a PR visa, the applicant must meet this condition.
What Can Make You Lose Your Canada PR Status?
There are several situations in which Canada PR holders can lose their status:
- After an investigation or PRTD appeal, an adjudicator determines that you are no longer a permanent resident
- Your permanent residency status is surrendered voluntarily or willingly
- If you are the subject of a removal or elimination order, you are still required to comply with it
- You become a citizen of Canada
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does Canadian permanent resident status confer?
The status Canadian permanent resident confers the legal right to study, work or start a business and settle in the Canadian land with almost all the social benefits a Canadian citizen would receive other than the voting rights. The PR status can also easily pave the way to become a Canadian citizen in the next few years.
Who qualifies for permanent residence under the Economic class?
The economic class chooses immigrants based on their skills and ability which will suffice to meet Canada’s labor market involving skilled workers, provincial nominees, and business immigrants.
What are the applicable processing fees to process an application for permanent residence?
The processing fee to process an application for permanent residence is around $CAN1325.
What are the general tax implications of acquiring Canadian permanent residence?
According to the Canadian tax system, the immigrant holding the status of Canadian permanent residence will be freed from paying tax for the first year of entering Canada, since you will be addressed as a newcomer.
Who is included in the application for permanent residence?
In the application for permanent residence, one can include his spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, or the partner’s adopted children.
Talk to our Experts
Croyez Immigration is providing efficacious immigration services to fulfill the dreams of aspiring clients who wish to immigrate to a new country, we sincerely work to give you the best life you deserve. We are experts in processing almost all the categories of Canadian Immigration programs like Express Entry, General Skilled Migration, and other temporary visas. Canada, being the land of opportunities always heads up to welcome the potential immigrants and so we help you explore all the possibilities to change your life, Contact the expert consultants of Croyez Immigration for prompt assistance.