A WES Canada assessment is essential for every Indian student who wants to pursue further education in Canadian universities. This is because it validates any credentials you may have obtained in your native country.
The WES evaluates your degree, diploma, and certificate per the Canadian educational system and gives you a certified report so you can claim education-related points. It mainly refers to official Indian ministries and other Govt. entities such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the University Grant Commission (UGC) as a source of accreditation.
Below is a list of WES approved universities in India for which WES regularly provides an educational credential assessment.
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University
|Acharya Nagarjuna University
|Guru Ghasidas University
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University
|Pt. Ravi Shankar University
|Himachal Pradesh University
|University of Mysore
|Devi Ahilya University
|Visvesvaraya Technology University
|Dr. Hari Singh Gaur University
|A.P. Singh University
|Rani Durgawati University
|S.N.D.T Women’s University
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
|Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University
|University of Mumbai
|Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
|North Orissa University
|Fakir Mohan University
|Biju Patnaik University of Technology
|University of Rajasthan
|Madurai Kamaraj University
|Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
|Mother Teresa Women’s University
|Tamil Nadu State Physical Education & Sport University
|U.P Technical University Lucknow
|V.B.S Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
|H.N.B Garhwal University Srinagar
In addition to the universities already mentioned, WES may conduct assessments for other universities and recognized organizations, such as the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS), the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), and the Medical Council of Canada ((official body for Doctors). It may also conduct credentials evaluations for immigration. So, if you are interested in WES Canada immigration, contact an immigration expert for assistance and guidance.
It’s not necessary that if one organization is not reviewing your documents, others will follow suit. Any authorized body you choose to work with can complete your ECA; the only variations may be in the amount of time and money needed to complete the ECA.
What is WES Canada?
- WES, or World Education Services, is essentially a comparison of the academic credentials from your country with those from another country’s equal grading system in terms of education. It is a non-profit company that assists immigrants, refugees, and international students in Canada and the United States in achieving their academic and professional objectives.
- The field of evaluating international academic credentials has been led by WES for more than 45 years, setting the bar for quality. Established in 1974, World Education Service examines international educational credentials. In addition, the organization works with institutional partners, community-based organizations, and policymakers to support immigrants and refugees with international credentials in utilizing their skills and education to fully realize their academic and career ambitions.
- International students and immigrants can use WES to advance their economic and social mobility globally by utilizing their education, skills, experience, and knowledge. Furthermore, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) designated WES as an established provider in 2013. As a result, over 48,000 institutions in more than 200 nations and territories submit their academic credentials for educational credential assessment to WES. The foreign degrees and certificates under WES are assessed using an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
WES evaluation reports are accepted by employers, regulatory agencies, and educational institutions in Canada and the US. Although these countries have their own evaluation criteria, they can compare the grades utilizing a standardized system thanks to the WES Assessment.
The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC) has granted WES Canada accreditation. This is why it converts foreign academic documents into their Canadian equivalents and offers advice that is not legally binding. Thus, a WES report may grant you the opportunity to apply for professional licensing.
Is WES a Requisite for Canadian PR?
Yes, WES is required for Canadian PR obtained through Express Entry. However, candidates who choose the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program and the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) are exempted from this requirement.
What if your university isn’t listed on the WES approved universities list?
It makes no difference if your university is not included in the WES approved university list in India. You can still finish your ECA. This is because only the institutions on the “black list” are regarded as unrecognized.
Why is WES Canada the Preferred Option for ECA Among Indians?
Aspiring immigrants most frequently choose World Education Services (WES) because of it:
- offers quick processing of ECA reports (within 7 business days)
- has an easy and simple 3-step evaluation procedure
- is recognized throughout the world for producing high-quality, error-free reports
- offers affordable and competitive rates
- has an accommodating customer service team
Procedure to Apply for ECA
- You will need an ECA to study in Canada, Australia, the UK, or the USA. An ECA is effective for five years, and the best way to apply for an ECA is to make an application.
- If you want to increase your exposure, you can use the WES Digital Badge to show your ECA report to your employers instantaneously on social networking platforms like LinkedIn.
- However, if you are looking for ECA procedures and want to know more about WES evaluation, consult an immigration expert.
Cost and Processing Time
A WES Report Assessment costs about $200 and typically takes 7 to 4 weeks to complete.
If you are an aspiring overseas student exploring options to study in the USA, Canada, or the UK, or looking for a list of Indian universities recognised by Canada immigration, connect with visa and immigration specialists to know more about ECA Canada. They can provide you with complete guidance and assistance on going further with WES Canada for immigration and work overseas.