These avenues require competent individuals to meet the dynamic job market requirements. In this context, foreign workers and immigrants armed with profound experience and skills are expected to contribute significantly.
Canada has actively employed qualified foreign employees. However, the initial step is to get a Canada job work permit to join the country’s excellent workforce. In addition, it is an ideal place to work, providing good working conditions, attractive pay packages, paid leave, and a healthy work-life balance. Therefore, it has developed into a lucrative hub for qualified foreign workers seeking to advance their careers.
Apart from the working conditions, the country also has a robust economy, well-developed infrastructure, low crime rate, political stability, and excellent healthcare facilities. All these facilities make Canada a perfect place to work and live.
There are several different opportunities to secure a job in Canada. You can consider getting a temporary job first. This would help you to understand the work culture and living experience better. It would also help you explore whether working and living in Canada would suit you in the long term.
On the other hand, if you consider getting a permanent job as a foreign worker, you would have to apply for a job permit. This would allow you to work legally for an employer in Canada. For better guidance in this matter, you can meet with the best immigration consultants in Hyderabad and then proceed.
There are different types of Canadian work permits, including:
Open Work Permit:
The Open Work Permit allows you the liberty to work for any employer within Canada. You are eligible to apply for the open work permit if you are:
- An international graduating student (from a designated learning institution) and eligible to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- A student unable to meet your education costs
- Waiting for your Canadian permanent residence documentation
- A dependent family member of a person who has applied for Canadian permanent residence
- A permit holder for temporary residence in Canada
- Common-law partner of an international student or qualified worker
- A refugee or someone seeking asylum in Canada
Employer Specific Work Permit:
The Employer Specific Work Permit requires you to work for a specific employer. This permit provides details regarding your employer’s name, the duration of your work, including the location where you can work.
Here are the basic qualifications required to apply for a Canada job work permit.
- Your Age must be in the range of 21+ and above.
- Must meet minimum English/French language proficiency.
- Should have professional experience and knowledge in your field of work.
- Must possess a valid passport and other required documents, including degree transcripts and relevant certifications.
Also Read: How To Apply For A Visitor Visa In Canada
In-Demand Jobs – 2022
Canada follows a coded job numbering system as part of its official job classification scheme. The National Occupation Classification (NOC) system lists out all the eligible jobs available to foreign workers. You can seek further information regarding this from the best immigration consultants in Hyderabad.
Some of the highest in-demand work sectors in Canada include:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Sales & Marketing
- Human Resources
- Manufacturing & Skilled Trades
|Information Technology (IT)||2171||Information Systems Analysts and Consultants|
|2172||Database Analysts and Data Administrators|
|2175||Web Developer / Designer, Webmaster|
|Human Resources (HR)||1121||HR Professionals|
|Healthcare / Medical||3111||Specialist Physicians|
|Sales & Marketing||0124||Marketing Manager, Sales Manager|
|6552||Customer Service Representative|
|Finance||0111||Financial Managers and Accountants|
|1114||Financial Advisors / Planners / Sales Representative|
|1431||Accounting Clerk, Income Tax Return Preparer|
|Skilled Trades||7511||Truck Driver|
Other In-demand Jobs in Canada Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
The field of essential services has seen an increased demand for skilled workers due to the pandemic. Listed below are some of the jobs that have an increased requirement due to the pandemic.
- Doctors and licensed nurses.
- Pathologists and Medical laboratory technicians.
- Palliative and Comfort Care Workers.
- Social workers.
- Workers in the food, beverage, and edible products processing units.
- Delivery Drivers (for food delivery and delivery of online orders).
Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot Program (RNIP)
The RNIP Program focuses on building the economies of smaller rural communities in Canada. It is a community-driven program and welcomes skilled international workers to live and work in the local community. Working with RNIP has an added advantage because jobs here are not as competitive as urban areas in Canada. There is a higher demand for qualified international workers in these areas. The cost of living here is comparatively lower than in urban areas.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
This program focuses on international job seekers who wish to live as permanent citizens within Canada’s Atlantic region provinces. These include the areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island.
Remuneration and Benefits of Working in Canada
Canadian employers believe in equal opportunity and offer work opportunities and decent compensation to qualified job seekers. Once you get a job and a Canada job work permit, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- The minimum wage is in the range of $14 per hour. (The minimum wage might differ slightly based on your qualifications, field of work, and the province.)
- The average annual salary ranges from $50,000 and above (based on your experience, knowledge, and skillset)
- Working hours (for full-time work) on average is between 36 to 40 hours per week.
- Most workers can avail of paid vacation annually for 2-3 weeks and paid sick leave.
- Employers also provide Insurance benefits (Health insurance, Life insurance, etc.)
You can get more details from our best immigration consultants in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru.
There is no better time than now to apply for a job in Canada. If you are a skilled, qualified, and experienced worker, Canada has a plethora of opportunities for you to work and thrive. Get in touch with our experts now