What is a Visitor Visa?
A Temporary Resident Visa, also known as a visitor visa, is an official document that is provided by a visa office to prove that you have completed the requirements for temporary residency in a country (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
For a Canadian visiting visa, there are a few essential needs. The following are the requirements:
- have a valid travel document (passport);
- be in good health;
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions;
- demonstrate that you have ties to your country of origin in the form of a job, a home, financial assets, or family;
- demonstrate that you will move out of Canada at the end of your visit; and
- you have enough money for your stay, which varies depending on where and how long you stay.
Can a visitor stay in Canada for a prolonged time?
The majority of tourists are granted a six-month stay beginning on the day they arrive in Canada. If the officer approves a stay of fewer than six months, the date by which you must depart from Canada will be mentioned in your passport.
If you wish to stay longer than the approved date, you must request an extension of at least 30 days before the termination of your authorized stay.
Who is allowed to apply for a visitor visa in Canada?
Visitors are individuals who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents who are lawfully permitted to enter Canada to:
- Visit Canada for a vacation (vacation), see relatives, do business.
- If the visitor is planning to study in Canada.
Studying as a Means of Obtaining Permanent Residency
Many international students in Canada complete their courses to find work and settle permanently in the country. Therefore, students with no job experience may be eligible for permanent residence under specific Express Entry categories. On the other hand, students frequently apply for work and subsequently a work visa to stay temporarily. Therefore, they may have more opportunities to apply for permanent residency in Canada after gaining academic and work experience in the country.
Is a Honeymoon Visa Available?
Many couples come to Canada for their honeymoon to enjoy the natural beauty of the country. You may need a visa to visit Canada for a week or two if you live outside of Canada. The requirements may differ depending on where you and your new husband/wife hails from. However, there is no such thing as a Honeymoon Visa to answer your query. A Tourist Visa / Visitor Visa is the type of visa that someone would utilize to visit Canada for a short period.
Processing Time for Visitor Visas in Canada
The duration taken to complete the process of a visitor visa depends on the applicant’s nationality. The time to process a Visitor Visa for Canada might range from a few days to a few weeks in most cases. The processing time is merely 12 days if you apply from within Canada.
Visitor Visa vs. Tourist Visa
Many people will be confused by the distinction between a tourist visa and a visiting visa to Canada. Nothing is the answer! They’re both the same thing, only in different ways.
Tourist visas will be mentioned by individuals who are visiting Canada to explore. A visiting visa is frequently used by people who want to pay a visit to friends or family.
In both cases, a Tourist Visa and a Visitor Visa to Canada are the same!
COVID-19 Visitor Visa Updates and Canada Visitor Visa Rules 2021:
Applicants can apply for visitor visas, also known as temporary resident visas (TRVs), only through online applications. Paper applications are not being accepted right now.
- The applications of people who are currently eligible to travel due to COVID restrictions will be prioritized.
- If you’re traveling, you’ll need to follow all airline regulations and pass a health test before boarding. Anyone who has signs of COVID-19 will not be permitted to fly into Canada.
- They will examine your health before you leave the port of entry when you arrive in Canada.
- You must have a 14-day quarantine plan in place when you arrive in Canada. You must do this even if you have no symptoms.
- Those who offer critical services, such as truck drivers who cross the border regularly to keep the flow of products moving, are exempt from quarantine rules.
- The Canadian government launched the ArriveCAN app to provide mandatory travel information required for entry into the country. Beginning November 21st, 2020, visitors entering Canada can submit their required information online via the ArriveCAN app.
Documents Required for a Tourist Visa in Canada
When applying for a TRV, you must have five primary documents with you. When applying for a TRV in Canada, you should bring the following documents with you.
- Proof of your ties to your homeland.
- Proof of your financial ability to travel to Canada.
- A passport or county resident card is an acceptable form of identification.
- A letter from the person who has invited you to visit Canada.
- Proof that you will only be in Canada for a limited time.
Disclaimer: You may require additional documents or information.
Before leaving their home country, individuals must obtain a TRV. Therefore, individuals will not be able to obtain a TRV once they are in Canada.
How to Extend a Visitor Visa to Canada
If you’re already in Canada and wish to stay past the expiration date on your visa, you can apply for it. You need to submit an IMM 5708 Form to apply for an extension.
You will receive a visitor record if your application to extend your stay in Canada is approved.
A visitor’s log:
It is a document that specifies how long you can stay in Canada and provides an expiration date, which is the date by which you must depart from the country.
Entry to Canada is not guaranteed based on a visitation record. You’ll need a valid entrance document to return to Canada if you want to go outside Canada or the United States.
You can take the help of any immigration services in India to understand the nitty-gritty of the document.
While the requirements for applying for a Canadian Visitor Visa appear straightforward, some applicants believe they can do it themselves without the assistance of immigration services in India. In the case of TRV applications, there is a more significant risk of rejection if the application is not adequately prepared. The bar is set pretty high. We’ve discovered that the most common reason for applications being declined is incorrectly filled out forms. It’s a pity when someone’s hopes are dashed because of a single dotted I or crossed too. With the help of expert immigration services in India, you can only improve your chances of getting your TRV petitions approved.