New Brunswick Post- Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
New Brunswick Post- Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
The Post-graduate Entreprenurial Stream falls under New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) where it allows students who have completed their post-graduation in a recognized University of New Brunswick Community college or an equivalent qualification from the New Brunswick University .
Under this program, an applicant who have completed their post-graduation from a New Brunswick college or university can permanently reside in the provincial territory of New Brunswick and carryout their business.
The applicant must submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) to the concerned New Brunswick Post-Secondary Educational Department, Training and Labour initially to apply for the NBPNP Post-Graduate Entreprenurial Stream (NBPNP PGES).
The New Brunswick Department of Post-secondary education assess the EOI based on the following factors of an applicant:
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
- Business benefit
The candidates who have cleared the EOI will be sent an invitation to apply for NBPNP (New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program) under Post-graduate Entrepreneurial Stream.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for the Candidates
- The age limit of the applicant must lie between 22-40.
- The applicant must attain a minimum score of CLB7 (Canadian Language Benchmark) in their language proficiency test in all the four categories: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 65 out of 100 in their NBPNP PGES point assesment test.
- Must have completed a minimum two-years course off post-graduate degree or diploma from a recognized university or community college off New Brunswick. (The course duration must be of 15 hours of class per week).
- Must have resided within the territory of New Brunswick during the entire course duration (distance education is considered to be ineligible).
- Must have owned and operated a business in New Brusnwick for atleast a year of time with 100% business equity.
- Must possess a valid New Brunswick work permit and show interest to settle in New Brunswick.
Expression Of Interest
The applicant must initially provide an Expression of Interest to do business in New Brunswick and it will be evaluated by assessing the following factors:
|Economic Benefit of your Business||10|
The candidate must provide the language proficiency test results obtained not more than 18 months and it must get classified uner any one of the following language assessing standards:
IELTS (General) – International English Language Testing System
Canadian English language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
Test d’ Evaluation de Francais – French Language Proficiency
|First Official Language||Points|
|9 or higher||7||7||7||7|
|Second Official Language- Points|
|CLB level 7 or higher||7|
|Canadian or Equivalent Education||Points|
|Doctorate or PhD||25|
|Masters or Professional Degree||23|
|Two+ Canadian Degree or Diploma||22|
|Post Secondary Academic Degree||21|
|Post Secondary Diploma||19|
|Work Experience (Acquired in last 10 years)||Points|
|6+ years in the last decade under NOC O, A or B||10|
|1-5 years in the last decade under NOC O, A or B||5|
Economic Benefit of your Business to Province
|If the business gets located outside Frediction, Moncton or Saint John||5|
|If the business related to agriculture||5|
|If the business falls under priority sector as determined by the department of post-secondary education, training and labour||5|
|If your spouse or common law partner has atleast one year of full-time continuous work experience in New Brunswick||5|
|If your spouse or common law partner has atleast completed a minimum of two years of full-time study or two-year program at post-secondary instution with valid study permit||5|
|If your spouse or common law partner scores a minimum of CLB 5 or higher in all four categories||5|
|If the applicant or spouse or common-law partner has a relative who is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada crossed 18 years of age and resides in New Brunswick atleast for an year||10|
|If the applicant has additional job skills||5|
Eligibility Criteria to be met by the business
There are certain minimum criteria that a business needs to get through in order to get qualified and establish in the province of New Brunswick.
- The business must have been in an active operation for atleast a period of one year before the time of application submission.
- The applicant must possess 100% ownership over the businesse’s equity.
- The business must have the ability to create atleast one job opportunity for a Canadian permanent resident or citizen other than the existing employees.
- The job role created for a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident must be completely related to the business and the wages provided must meet the labour standards.
Additional Criteria to be met by the business
- Businesses which are created for immigration purposes will get rejected.
- The applicant must take part in the daily business operations and navigate it.
- The business provide inclined growth in terms of expansion and earning profit.
- The business must be established as a sole propritorship or a corporation.
- The established firm must be either a new business or the continuation of the existing one.
- The established business must be a permanent entity according to the sub section of the Canadian Income Tax Regulation 1985.
- The business must pay income tax on taxable income it earned, irrespective of the other taxes that needs to be paid according to the Canadian Jurisdication.
- The business must comply with all the legislation but not get limited to Employment Standards Act, Human Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The business must comply with all the laws related to establishment, purchasing, and maintaining.
- The business must get all the required licenses and permits stated by the local and national government.
- The applicant is allowed to sell the business only after three years from the time they receive their Permanent Residency status using the NBPNP PGES stream.
List of Ineligible Business
- Business related to pornography
- Aestheticians and related services
- Beauty salons
- Bed and Breakfast accomodators
- Any kind of consultancy
- Any kind of cooperative business
- Credit card or Debit card sales
- Farm land maintenance
- Seller or Buyer intermediate
- Financial services not limited to cooperative or credit unions
- Real-estate business
- Non-profit organizations
- Businesses related to secured loan providing
- Businesses related to short term borrowing
Talk to our Experts
Croyez Immigration is helping in every possible aspect to fulfill your dream for work and settle in your dream country. We are assisting you with all programs like Express entry, General Skilled migration and Temporary visa. Nowadays its become a land of opportunity for the immigrants it’s time to take the opportunity and utilize it. We have an expert team to guide your application with value-added services. If you think to adapt a great lifestyle in Canada & Australia then Croyez Immigration is the right place to start.