2020-03-12 – Alberta issued 150 Notification of Interest Letters to [...]
Who gets Qualified for the Canadian PR Under Skilled Trades Program(FST)
- The applicant must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for Speaking and Listening and CLB 4 for Reading and Writing.
- Should have at least 2 years of full-time work experience or an equal amount of part-time work experience in a skilled trade in the past 5 years.
- Fulfill the job requirements for specific Skill Trade or need a Certificate of Qualification as a skilled Trader.
- Must have a valid full-time job offer for at least 1 year or Certificate of Qualification in that skilled trade from the Canadian province or Territory.
- There are No Educational Requirements for the Federal Skilled Trades program.
- Must have enough settlement funds and also provide a valid medical examination and police verification certificate.
Eligible Occupations Under FST
Applicant’s Occupation should fall under any of the below mentioned Major and minor group of National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code to qualify for Federal Skilled Trades program
The applicant can able to claim a maximum 10 points under this Category
|Secondary Applicant/Spouse has CLB 4 or higher in Language Proficiency||05|
|Main Applicant studied in Canada(2 years of study-Full Time)||05|
|Secondary Applicant/Spouse studied in Canada(2 years of study-Full Time)||05|
|Main Applicant Worked in Canada for at least one year full time(NOC O, A orB)||10|
|Secondary Applicant/Spouse Worked in Canada for at least one year full time(NOC O, A orB)||05|
|Main Applicant has a Valid Job offer||05|
|Direct blood Relative or Sponsor in Canada||05|
The applicant can Claim 4 Points for Second Language (French), if the applicant has the Score of CLB 5 or More.
|CLB 9 or More||6||6||6||6|
|Lower than CLB 7||NA||NA||NA||NA|
The applicant should have at least one-year continuous work Experience under NOC Skill Level O, A, or B.Calculate Work Experience only in the Past 10 years.
|Foreign Work Experience||Points|
|2 to 3 years||11|
|4 to 5 years||13|
|more than 6 years||15|
|Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree||25|
|Master’s degree OR professional degree||23|
|Two or more post-secondary credentials (one must be for a program of at least three years)||22|
|Post-secondary credential of at least three years||21|
|Post-secondary credential of two years||19|
|Post-secondary credential of one year||15|
|Secondary (high school) diploma||5|
|18 to 35||12|
|47 and older||0|