What is CAQ?
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec or CAQ is an immigration document required for foreign nationals who wish to study or find employment opportunities in Quebec. For non-Canadian citizens, this document is a must, if they want a legal permit to study or work in the Canadian province.
If you want a temporary work permit in Canada, you will require a CAQ.
CAQ For Students
Students who wish to apply for CAQ must attend a Designated Learning Institute (DLI). Some of the popular institutions that require CAQ are
- McGill University
- Concordia University
- The University of Montreal
- Laval University
- HEC Montreal
- Bishop’s University
- The University of Sherbrooke
Therefore if you wish to study in Quebec, ensure that the institution is DLI affiliated.
CAQ As a Provisional Canadian Immigration Certificate For Overseas Students
As a foreign national, you can study at a postsecondary school in Quebec for six months or longer. However, you will not get a study permit in the Canadian province until you earn a CAQ.
Therefore, as an Indian student, you will need additional professional assistance from professionals like us to earn a CAQ, because it involves Quebec immigration regulations and processes that are different from other Canadian provinces.
What Are The Advantages of The CAQ?
CAQ offers students a gamut of benefits other than the high quality of life in Quebec.
1. Affordable Tuition Fees
Quebec’s best institutions offer premium job-oriented courses at affordable prices that do not burn a hole in your pocket. The living expenses in the province are also lower than in other Canadian provinces.
With a CAQ you get a study permit in Canada for up to 49 months. This duration is sufficient for the majority of study programs in Quebec. The CAQ study permit in Canada allows students to live in Quebec for a maximum of 49 months, which is the term of the vast majority of study programs in Quebec.
2. Freedom to Choose Various French and English Courses
As a student at one of Quebec’s academic institutions, you will have access to many French and English courses. In addition, you will have access to ultramodern facilities such as high-tech laboratories, Olympic stadiums and sports fields, and auditoriums.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Earn CAQ?
- You must be enrolled in a Designated Learning Institute like McGill University, Concordia University, Laval University, HEC Montreal, and Montreal to qualify for the CAQ (DLI).
- You must prioritize studies, and maintain health and hospitalization insurance for themselves and any dependents for their CAQ tenure.
- The Quebec government offers a CAQ for each degree of education pursued inside the province. Ph.D. programs must adhere to the same regulation.
- A fresh CAQ is required if you want to apply for a master’s degree following your undergraduate studies in the province.
The CAQ Application Procedure For Foreign Students in Quebec.
If you want to study in Quebec, the CAQ application procedure may be complex, but with proper assistance from our expert team, you need not worry about the same
The first step is to submit an online application form, followed by the payment of the application costs, and the submission of different official academic and financial papers.
The Application Form And Necessary Paperwork
As an international student, you must apply for CAQ online through the Arima portal from January 26, 2021.
Your CAQ might be delayed or denied if you do not submit your application form and the appropriate documentation and proof of payment.
The following papers are necessary to receive a CAQ:
- The CAQ application is the first stage in the application procedure. For the Government of Quebec to review your application, you must submit an online application and pay a $117 charge.
- After the system approves your application, you will be given a tailored CAQ document checklist and instructions on online submitting your supporting papers to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
Currently, the Arima system is only accessible in French. However, an English Instruction Guide is provided to help you finish your application.
- Letter of Acceptance( LOA) from the university – A LOA is a document given by the university which proves that you are accepted by the university to study at a DLI in Quebec.
- Country- and application-specific supplemental paperwork – A readable digital copy of your passport with your personal information and the date of expiry.
- Your passport copy must be in French or English; if it is in French or English language, you must also provide a signed and certified translation of your passport.
You may be needed to submit documentation of your financial resources as an overseas student.
Go through the checklist of your CAQ tailored document list, to select relevant documents that prove that you have completed your studies and that you or your financial guardians can fund your tuition fees and living costs for your first year of study.
Immigration Quebec requires students aged 18 and older to show a certain amount in a bank account. This proves to cover the living costs and health insurance premiums for one year. This sum will rise if dependents accompany you to Quebec.
The documents you may present to show your financial capability are a bank statement from the previous three months, recent evidence of funds transfer revealing your assets and sources of income, and recent official confirmation of bursaries or scholarship awards.
You must pay a $117, nonrefundable fee to the Quebec government to examine your application. In addition to the CAQ, you must also apply for a study permit in Canada, which costs around $150. The online application for temporary selection for studies must be paid with a credit card. If you lose your status as an international student, you may reinstate it for a total of $350, which includes the status reapplication charge of $200 and the study permit price of $150.
If you are looking to get a study permit for Canada or Quebec immigration assistance, we are here for you. Contact us now to get all-in-one assistance for your journey to Canada.