Quebec Releases Details of First 2020 Expression of Interest Draw
Quebec immigration has released details of the first 2020 draw to take place through the Arrima Expression of Interest system.
In a January 16 draw, 23 Quebec immigration invitations were issued.
The candidates invited met the following criteria:
- Their application to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program under the old system was terminated as part of the governing Coalition Avenir Quebec’s Bill 9.
- They filed an Arrima Expression of Interest before December 17, 2019.
- They were in one of the following situations:
- Their terminated application was submitted pursuant to section 5.01 of the Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals, OR
- They were in Quebec on June 16, 2019 while holding a study or work permit.
Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
This was the first draw of 2020. Quebec issued a total of 2,072 invitations in nine draws in 2019.