Unlike other provinces, Quebec is unique with its nature and also holds a unique set of laws and regulations for investors to establish their business firm. Quebec is a French-dominated region, and hence, an investor must get well-versed with this language to ensure their survival.
The Quebec government expects the immigrants who wish to establish their business to invest in their state’s organization instead of setting up a new office.
The applicant who has cleared the initial level of verification will become eligible to invest in Quebec province, and they must invest a minimum of 1,200,000 CAD.
Post investing in Quebec business the immigrant now becomes eligible to obtain the Canadian Permanent Resident Visa where he/she needs to undergo a mandatory medical and criminal records check.
We are the best Canadian immigration consultants who help our clients to invest in a suitable and profitable business and guide them till they get settled.
Check Your Investment Feasibility
Basic Requirement Criteria:
- Must have a minimum net worth of 2 million CAD which is legally acquired
- Must have atleast a two years of relevant business experience with five years prior to apply for the investment program
- Must invest a minimum amount of 1,200,000 CAD a Canadian government gauranteed one for a period of five years with no return in interest
- Must settle within the province of Quebec
The above-mentioned criteria are generic and it completely varies according to the program adopted by the investor.
Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program
Under the Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program, the provincial government goes for choosy talents who can operate a Canadian business with expected investment instead of setting up their own. The entrepreneurship program can be carried out in two different streams, and the regulations are entirely in both the streams.
Here the entrepreneur should have built their business with the help of business accelerator, a business incubator or a university entrepreneurship center (only three foreign players are allowed to be the business operators under this stream).
Under this stream, an investor must hold a minimum share of 25% for a new business or 51% for an acquired organization or must provide a higher amount of funds to start the business.
- If the investor is about to invest outside the metropolitan region, the minimal amount would be 2,00,000 CAD and 3,00,000 CAD for the inside metropolitan region
- An added minimum guarantee deposit of 2,00,000 CAD
- Must have a net-worth of 9,00,000 CAD alone, if they have a spouse
Other Generic Criteria
- The candidate who applies for the immigration investor entrepreneurship program must get qualified with some basic criteria in both streams like: age, education, language abilities and financial autonomy.
- All the candidates who applies for this program must submit their business plan about their project in detail to the concerned department of Canadian immigration and get it approved.
- The count on the number of investor’s who gets approved to establish their business varies every year and the government would always go choosy in this program.
Quebec Self-Employed Program
Similar to entrepreneur investor program, a self-employed program for Quebec province also has its own rules and regulations in selecting a candidate to run their business or self-employed program.
- Must have a minimum of two years relevant work experience to implement and practice the same in Quebec.
- Must possess a net worth of 1,00,000 CAD
- Should have enough settlement funds to support themselves and their family
- Must provide a deposit amount of 50,000 CAD if it is established within the metropolitan area and 25,000 CAD if it goes outskirts.
Talk to our Immigration Consultants
To get detailed insight on Quebec Investment