Alberta Immigration Investment Program for business directly controlled by the Canadian government and runs under the Department of Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC). By acquiring this program, an entrepreneur can expand their business territory to attain further growth and get Canadian permanent residency visa. There are various visa programs through one can enter into Alberta and invest over there but, initially, they need to get qualified with some basic criteria like:
- Language Skills
- Work Experience
- Proof of Funds
There are several pathways to attain investor visa for Alberta province and we have depicted all of them to assess your feasibility.
1. Start-Up Visa
If you have an innovative and executable idea, then you can adapt this visa program to establish your startup in the foreign soil and again, you need to meet some eligibility criteria here:
a) To have a qualifying business
- The particular candidate must possess atleast 10% of the voting right of all shares which are found outstandding at the time.
- On the other hand both the organization and the candidate holds 50% voting share combined together to all shares of the corporation outstanding in that time.
When the candidate receives the PR visa meanwhile they also needs to ensure the following points:
- Your business must get established as a Canadian incorporation
- Being the candidate you must contribute active participation ffor the growth of the organization by staying in Canada
b) Meeting Language Requirement
Meeting the language requirement is another basic criterion where the concerned candidate must undergo the Canadian Language Benchmark by taking a test on either English or French by scoring minimal marks of 5/10 in all the sections like reading, writing, speaking and listening. Suppose the candidate fails to clear this level then their visa would get rejected.
c) Provide Proof from the Partnered Organization
The concerned candidate must provide a letter of proof to the immigration department of Canada stating that the respective organization to which they have made the tie-up has provided the clearance of trust from their site stating that they are supporting the candidate.
d) Proof of Funds
The concerned candidate who applies for startup visa must provide reliable documents regarding “Proof of Funds” to the immigration department and get it verified. There is a high possibility of the visa getting rejected if the candidate fails to fulfill the criteria in terms of financial aspects.
2. Self-Employed Visa
A candidate who possesses unique skills and ready to implement it as a business on their own by providing service or giving their knowledge falls under the category of Self-employment, and they can avail Self-employed visa. Self-employed candidates who have good experience in cultural activities or athletics have brighter scope for this region, and if they already had a global exposure then, it will be an added advantage.
Basic Criteria Considered by Alberta Province:
- Age – Must fall in the age group between 22- 40
- Education – Must have completed a under graduation program from a recognized university for three years or post graduation program for a period of 2 years.
- Experience – Must have a 3+ years of continuous experience in the relevant field to which the particular candidate is about to apply.
- Language Ability – The applying candidate must secure a minimum of 5/10 in all the levels of language testing abilities (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking)
- Adaptability – Must quickly and easily get adapted with the climatic and cultural conditions of Alberta to initiate their self-employed program.
- Intend to become self-employed – Must have desparate intention to carry out their self-employed profession that highly contribute towards their individual as well as provincial growth.
- Medical examination – Must certainly undergo a complete medical check-up and get assured that they are not carrying any communicable diseases.
3. Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This program is exclusive for farmers or the one who practices the agro profession and highly aware of conditions prevail in Alberta to carry out their farming practices.
Guidelines for Canddidates:
- Candidate must have good farm management skills
- Canddidate must carry out their planned farming practices only within the province of Alberta
- The candidate must be capable of investing a minimal amount of 500000 CAD on sustainable farm land of Alberta and if enquired they must also be ready to go for further investment.
4. Immigration Investor Venture Capital
Under this category, the candidate must be an renowned investor and capable funder who must atleast have a networth of 10 million CAD under their business and must be willing to invest a non- redemable amount of 2 million CAD under any investor program for an organization because they might loose the entire amount this non-refundable amount holds a period of 15 years.
Moreover, the candidate must undergo language eligibility test for English or French and they must score minimum of 5/10 in all four sections (Reading, Writing, Learning and Listening) and the most important criteria is they must have given the exam not more than 2 years of time.
Since this is a pure investment based program the Canadian government will undergo some cross-verification regarding the reliability of the investor by investigating factors like:
- Criminal activities – Should not have any history of criminal record charged against them, which states the applicant have involved directly or indirectly involved.
- Organized crime – Should not have involved in any kind of organized crime either directly or indirectly, if the applicant is found to be guilty post cross-verification then, they will loose the eligibility to get any kind of Canadian visa.
- Human rights violation – The applicant should not have involved in any kind of activities that are against human race according to the jurisdication of their concerned government.
- Health – The candidate must mandatorily undergo a thorough medical check-up to ensure they are not landing in Canada with any communicable disease.
- Financial Resources
In terms of educational qualification the candidate must have acquired an equivalent degree to post-secondary or diploma certification from Canadian educational institution.