Alberta Opportunity Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream is tailor-made for like-minded candidates belongs to working and graduate category staying in Canada and looking to attain a permanent residency. The evaluation of the criteria for selecting candidates will include:
- Residential Status and Work Permit Requirements
- Language Proficiency
- Educational Qualification
- Work Experience
- Income Range
For International Graduates under Alberta Post-secondary Institutions
- Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) also helps the international students who got graduated from a recognized university in Alberta.
- The concerned applicant or graduated student must demonstrate their skill set during eligibility criteria assessment and prove they are the demanded candidate for the province.
- The candidate must pass the minimum eligibility for the language test and income range as set by the standards of Alberta province.
- The candidate must provide a valid work experience of minimum six months duration where he/she must have worked in their relevant field.
- The applicant will get Alberta Post-graduation Work Permit by-passing all the eligibility criteria under Alberta Opportunity Stream.
- The international students who got graduated from other provinces are not eligible to attain the Alberta Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP), but still, they can get through using other immigration nominee program.
Residential Status and Work Permit Requirements
The applicant must have a valid temporary residential address to become eligible applying for an Immigrant nominee program.The temporary residential status does not include:
- Refugee claimants and Individuals who got involved in the federal appeal or removal process.
- Residents of other Canadian provinces are not eligible to apply for the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program under Alberta Opportunity Stream.
- An international candidate who works or lives in Canada without a temporary residential status.
Work Permit Requirements
The concerned applicant must clear the following working permit-related criteria to attain permanent resident status in Alberta Province:
- Must have got a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- The LMIA assessment gets excluded for candidates who belong to Intra-company Transferees, International Experience in Canada and those who attained PGWP according to International Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- If the candidate who gets in with PGWP, then he/she must have attained graduation or post-graduation according to Alberta Advanced Education Approved Credential and Alberta Public and Private Post Secondary Institutions.
- The candidate’s current occupation must be related to their graduation or post-graduation degree.
According to Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS), the concerned applicant must score a minimum of 4 according to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) standards either in English or French.
The condition here excludes for those who apply for the position of Nurse aides, Orderly associates and Patient Service Associates where they need to score a minimum of 7 in their reading, writing, listening and speaking tests individually.
Requirement for Educational Qualification
- During the time of application, the candidate must hold a minimum of high school Canadian degree or equivalent qualification in their respective nation, and if the candidate possesses any high qualification like Post-graduate or Doctorate, then it will be verified by the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) board appointed by IRCC.
- The candidate who possesses a Canadian Graduate degree, work experience, Alberta Qualification Certificate or Trade Certificate, which is approved by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industrial Training is not bound to get assessed under ECA.
- However, a candidate who has PGWP and applies for Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) must get verified with their educational qualifications under ECA.
Requirements for Work Experience
- The applicant must be working in his currently mentioned job post.
- The applicant must be working in a job which is relevant to their work experience during the period of applying and evaluating of AINP process.
- The concerned candidate must have 12 months of full-time work experience in the last 18 months or 24 months of full-time experience in the last 30 months.
- The work experience mentioned above can be the combined one acquired in or outside Alberta and in or outside Canada.
- If the applicant gets categorized under PGWP, then it is mandatory to have a minimum of 6 months of work experience in their last 18 months of stay in Alberta.
- The candidate belonging to the PGWP category must have attained their course from a recognized institute of the University of Alberta that gets classified under Advanced Education-approved Alberta post-secondary Institution.
Work Experience Time-frame Requirement
- Must have been in a full-time job with 30 hours/week of working.
- Must have been working in the currently listed job during the applying process.
- The candidate’s PR (Permanent Residence) process must get the authenticated verification from Immigration Refugees Citizenship and Canada with a temporary resident status attained in Alberta or Canada.
- Students and working interns won’t get initiated with their process.
Job Offer Requirements
AOS (Alberta Opportunity Stream) job offer is eligible for:
- Candidates who get a permanent, full-time job with a working period of 30 hours/week at least for 12 months to be eligible for the AINP program.
- The processing form must hold a valid signature of the applicant and concerned employer.
- The job offer must be related to the applicant’s current employment.
- The job offered must be an enlisted one of the eligible job at demand in Alberta that helps to get through the AINP process.
Croyez Immigration is helping in every possible aspect to fulfill your dream for work and settle in your dream country. We are assisting you with all programs like Express entry, General Skilled migration and Temporary visa. Nowadays its become a land of opportunity for the immigrants it’s time to take the opportunity and utilize it. We have an expert team to guide your application with value-added services. If you think to adapt a great lifestyle in Canada & Australia then Croyez Immigration is the right place to start.